Support An *Authentic* Black Owned Golf Apparel Brand

invalid

Banned
Daps
For any Coli brehs that are golfers, make sure to check out this *authentic* black owned golf apparel brand “Black Balled Golf”.

Here are the owners:

Matt Daniels-

As a youngin’, I was attached to my Grandad’s hip. He was a dedicated Pro-Am golfer and took me with him on the road to his tournaments. While he competed and stacked W’s, I chose to stay behind to play video games at the hotel. I never considered or had any interest in golf because there was a lack of representation. My obsession was in football.

My Grandad, Buddah Boy passed away in February of 2012, during my senior year at Duke University. And in 2018, after my NFL career, I decided to pick up the game of golf looking to fill a void since his passing. I picked through 5 different sets of clubs Buddah had to create my first set (which included a wooden driver). I appreciate the moments I was able spend with my grandad on the golf course. He is the truest expression of Blackballed Golf and the reason why we strive to promote diversity & inclusion in the sport. Golf is for everybody!

Jordan Griffin-

Blackballed_Golf_about.jpg

For me, golf was something I would have never envisioned myself getting into. As a Black man growing up in metro-Atlanta golf was unfamiliar to me. It was an activity that I heard about but never really saw anyone actually do.

Fast-forward to my late 20s, my Mom started getting into the game and asked me to join her. I went to a sports thrift store and picked up a set of starter clubs (with my boy Matt D). From that day on I fell in love with the game. The golf course provided me with a place I could just ease my mind and I needed that. It was like therapy for me. My goal with Blackballed Golf is to continue to share what golf has done for me and encourage the youth who may not otherwise give it a chance, to try it out. Golf is truly a game for everyone and Blackballed Golf is here to spread the word.

I have no relation to this brand.

@Jahbarri
@Nicole0416_646NYC
@Demon Time
@HarlemHottie
@humminbird
@The Hon. Stringer Bell

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@Dorian Gray , great story.
I have some FJ golf clothing. Got as gift, but have never played. Been to an outing or two. Might get the Chevron jacket, just to wear .

Have to ask, what is the backstory to the use of the *authentic* tag?
Was there a thread recently about a Black fronted/White run company?

invalid

Banned
Daps
Great brand name.

Considering black history with respect to golf courses/country clubs.

On the nail.

Last week, on February 18th, the brand dropped its very first collection. The name comes from golf’s problematic history of, whether explicitly or implicitly, preventing Black golfers from sharing fairways.

5 Black-Owned Golf Businesses to Support Beyond Black History Month - Random Golf Club

Link also highlights a few other apparel companies but most are just branded t-shirts and accessories.