Taraji P. Henson explains why the schizo character Cookie is soul draining and will exit before to l

Daps
I think its more the writers fault, they dont have the characters have any growth period on Empire. One example in season 1 Dre was plotting to take over the company , then in season 2 he becomes religious and now this season he is back to trying taking over:russ::russ:

I feel Tariji though, Cookie is a one note character a loud hoodrat who occasionally cries every episode :ld:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
She has a point. A network show has anywhere from 6-9 different writers. Having all those people write your character in their vision has to be draining.

A movie is one vision of the character.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
TV ain't no joke. You always hear actors/actresses talk about the television grind and feeling unhappy after the "honey moon" stage of a new TV role wears off.

I'd definitely do movies over TV if I was an actor.

TV is only great for actors who need/want stability and a steady paycheck.
TV is in its golden age they say, you get better projects and the pay is better.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It really is in it's golden age.

That and she can probably sense Empire will fall of a cliff. Wonder how the ratings are :patrice:
I think that is the real story.
You didn't hear her complaining about being on Person of INterest.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Taraji probably knows that Empire wont sustain the ratings they used to have and in another year or two they may be off the air totally. Know way they can keep going for multiple seasons with all the fukkery they have going on.