Ted Cruz going full retard official thread

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
BY JUDD LEGUM POSTED ON MARCH 16, 2015 AT 8:00 AM UPDATED: MARCH 16, 2015 AT 1:21 PM

cruz-816x544.jpg

CREDIT: AP

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) is known for waging political battles even if the odds of success are slim. He famously launched a 21-hour filibuster in a failed, last-ditch effort to repeal Obamacare. But his latest crusade may be his biggest challenge yet: repealing a federal law that does not exist.

On Twitter, Cruz blasted the federal government role in education and called for the repeal of Common Core:

Can Cruz “make DC listen”? It will be particularly hard since Common Core is not, in fact, a federal law.

The Common Core State Standards Initiative, known as Common Core, was developed by the states — with input from teachers, education experts and business leaders — and has been voluntarily adopted by 43 states and the District Of Columbia. Notably, “the federal government played no role in creating the standards, nor did it require that states adopt them.”

Common Core is not a curriculum but a set of standards regarding what students “should know and be able to do at each grade level in math and English language arts.” How kids get there is left to the schools and teachers.

Adopting Common Core was helpful to states seeking federal funding in 2009 under a program called “Race To The Top.” But many states that did not receive funding continue to implement Common Core.

Common Core has become a highly politicized topic. In 2013, the Republican National Committee passed a resolution opposing Common Core, calling it “an inappropriate overreach to standardize and control the education of our children.” The RNC attacked Obama, who was not involved in the creation of the standards, but ignored the role of many Republicans in creating Common Core. Many of the states that adopted Common Core are controlled, in whole or in part, by Republicans.

The historical role of Republicans in creating and adopting the standards, however, is not lost on Ted Cruz. One of Common Core’s biggest supporters is former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, who just might be competing against Cruz to be the Republican nominee for president in 2016.

Cruz certainly has a better chance of defeating Jeb Bush than repealing the federal Common Core law, since it doesn’t exist.

http://thinkprogress.org/education/...ed-plea-repeal-federal-legislation-not-exist/

embarrassing just embarrassing

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Ted Cruz and Immigration — from a Cuban Prison to an Iowa Parking Lot

March 17, 2015 | 4:10 am

Senator Ted Cruz has some 'splaining to do.

I ran into the Texas Republican earlier this month at the Iowa Agriculture Summit in Des Moines, and asked him his thoughts on immigration.

He's pretty much against it. He wants the border zipped up and a concrete fence erected, and he does not support any road to citizenship for those who have snuck in. Period.

"I am the son of an immigrant who came 58 years ago from Cuba — came legally," Cruz told me out in the parking lot. "And I think Americans are agreed that amnesty is wrong."

He was wearing a tie and no jacket. Midwesterners love a guy who takes his jacket off. Makes him look like he knows what he's doing.

Cruz was shorter than I'd expected, with a tablespoon too much hair product and a suit wrinkled by miles on the cabbage patch stump. By my unofficial count, he has made more trips to Iowa than to the Texas border since becoming the Lone Star State's junior senator two years ago. If you want to be president, you have to be in Iowa, I'm told.

"If we allow people who came here illegally to be put on a path to citizenship," Cruz continued, "that is incredibly unfair to those who follow the rules."

Biscuits like that have helped make the senator a Tea Party darling and the bus driver of the far-right express. He is a Latino whose stump speech about his father's "legal" path to the American Dream is by now a well-polished plum that recounts a Tony Montana-esque journey from Cuban political prisoner to Texas dishwasher to Canadian oilman to American evangelical pastor.

Cruz is the Pied Piper of the Tea Party movement, the ones who were peddling the narrative of Obama as a mongrel Manchurian Candidate.
In fact, Cruz offered up his father to the Ag Summit attendees as an example of the right way to be an immigrant. Before coming to America, Cruz said, his father was "imprisoned and tortured in Cuba."

What Cruz did not tell the audience of crusty conservatives — and what I did not know until I got back to my writing desk a few days later — was that Cruz's father, Rafael, actually fought alongside Fidel Castro's communist forces. He was captured and jailed and beaten by the regime of Fulgencio Batista, the US-backed dictator.

Somehow, despite the fact that he was a rebel fighting alongside communists, Rafael was released from the dictator's prison sometime around 1957 and accepted to the University of Texas. He then made it to America on a student visa when a family friend bribed a Cuban crony to stamp his exit visa. How a Cuban rebel could get a visa into the United States in the 1950s without lying about aiding and abetting Castro is beyond me. Lying on a visa application is grounds for deportation.

I'd love to see the original document, Senator. I mean, if you're seriously running for president.

A few years back, when the birther conspiracy against Obama was in full bloom, Pastor Rafael Cruz told a Texas audience that he'd "like to send [Obama] back to Kenya."

President Barack Obama's father was an African Muslim. That doesn't sit well with the nativists. But Cruz's daddy was, by his son's own admission, "a guerrilla, throwing Molotov cocktails and blowing up buildings" while fighting for Castro against a US-backed regime. Hardly the Horatio Alger biography required from the hard-right.

There's more.

Rafael married an American woman named Eleanor, and they moved to Canada to chase their American dream in the Alberta oil fields. Rafael got Canadian citizenship, got drunk a lot, got his wife pregnant, and got Jesus.

At least Obama can rightfully claim that Hawaii — where he was born — is part of America. That gives the president a leg up on Pastor Cruz's son Ted, who was born in Calgary in 1970. (That's in Canada.) Pastor Cruz did not become an American citizen until 2005.

Remember, you can't be president of the United States unless you're a "natural born Citizen." The question of Cruz's nationality centers on his mother, who claims on his Canadian birth certificate to be an American citizen raised in Delaware.

I believe that his mother is an American — I'm no conspiracy kook. But Cruz is the Pied Piper of the Tea Party movement, the ones who were peddling the narrative of Obama as a mongrel Manchurian Candidate.

Certainly those people will want to see Cruz's proof of citizenship as well. Did his mother live in the United States for at least 10 years — with at least five of them coming after her 14th birthday — as required by US law at the time of her son's birth?

Maybe next time we meet in Iowa, Cruz will show me her report cards to prove it.

https://news.vice.com/article/ted-cruz-and-immigration-from-a-cuban-prison-to-an-iowa-parking-lot

Mixerr Reviews

Mixerr Reviews
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas, US
Everyone knows that Ted Cruz is a wannabe Texan who is really from Canada masquerading as a extremist right-wing Republic who was once ironically a Democrat before the 2010s era. Almost no one takes Ted Cruz very seriously despite politicians giving him a lot of money in political donations. That's the scary part about Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is an embarrassment to the United States of America and to the U.S. Government. Luckily for the US Ted Cruz won't be president anytime soon.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Everyone knows that Ted Cruz is a wannabe Texan who is really from Canada masquerading as a extremist right-wing Republic who was once ironically a Democrat before the 2010s era. Almost no one takes Ted Cruz very seriously despite politicians giving him a lot of money in political donations. That's the scary part about Ted Cruz. Ted Cruz is an embarrassment to the United States of America and to the U.S. Government. Luckily for the US Ted Cruz won't be president anytime soon.
This pretty much says it all. Only thing is his Harvard Law degree legitimatizes him to a large degree

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was waiting all weekend for one of the shows on the 24 hour news networks to bring up that Cruz is not eligible to run for president yet they seem to just accept his throwing his hat into the ring without any push-back.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can't wait to see the AmeriKKKan bumpkins embrace this Hispanic/Canadian:duck::heh::mjpls:

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Whenever Ted Cruz is willing to wean himself from the government's tit and self deport I'll support him. The man is an embarrassment to America and everything that it stands for.
This dude mexican canadian though how is he eligible to run for presidency?:mjlol:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This dude mexican canadian though how is he eligible to run for presidency?:mjlol:
His mom being a US citizen covers him by the letter of the law most likely but I still think it is a question that should be brought up especially after all the birther nonsense with Obama and the introduction of John MCCain being born on a military base in Panama in the 2008 campaigns.

Mixerr Reviews

Mixerr Reviews
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas, US
This pretty much says it all. Only thing is his Harvard Law degree legitimatizes him to a large degree
Without his Harvard Law degree nobody would listen to him. He would have no credibility or skills at all. That does certainly apply for his job. Other than that, Ted Cruz is a nutjob.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
His mom being a US citizen covers him by the letter of the law most likely but I still think it is a question that should be brought up especially after all the birther nonsense with Obama and the introduction of John MCCain being born on a military base in Panama in the 2008 campaigns.
Military bases are basically american soil, I always thought the Obama sh1t was bs cuz his moms was clearly american, but Ted here... Im going to need receipts. :mjpls:

I want that Birth certificate and I want the birth certificate of his parents.

Im curious to know if those both parties are the same people believe that Ted would be the same as having Clinton or Warren in the white house:usire: If this dude won, Im moving to south america.