Texas could get a 205-mph bullet train zipping between Houston and Dallas

mykey

Superstar
Daps
California proposed a $9 billion high-speed railway in 2008. 15 years later, there is not a single mile of track laid, and executives involved say there isn’t enough money to finish the project.

OP, good luck with your fantasy.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Americans are ready ever since 2010 in surveys more and more people are demanding public transit, on both sides.

The only hurdles I see is if they let them turn into piss ridden ratholes for the homeless.

If you give americans the option of coming and going as they please ( cars) or having to adjust their activities to fit around a fixed schedule ( public transportation)... most will pick cars.

people crying for walkable cities,bike lanes, high speed rail and better city planning aren't the majority...just the loudest.

A bigger problem is just how inefficient and revenue driven parking is in a lot of major american cities,

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
They been talking about this since the 70's.

Planning for high-speed intercity passenger rail in the
Texas portions of the Texas/South Central high-speed rail
system started in the 1970s with a series of studies on rail
transportation and intercity travel in Texas published by
the Texas Transportation Institute on behalf of the Texas
Governor and Texas Legislature.

Meanwhile, the Japanese opened their high speed rail during the 1964 Olympics.

It's never gonna happen in Texas.

Too much oil money
Too much money from Southwest Airlines
Too many conservatives from the inbetween counties
Too many conservatives from big cities.
Too many hater land owners/big agriculture/ranchers.

And the US used to have the most extensive rail road network in the world. And it got torn out/not used for cars and trucks.

Daps
High speed rail like they have overseas would get you from NYC to Orlando in 4.5 hours. You could go to Disney for 3 day weekends.

You could date women from Atl after work on Fridays and be home for work in the morning on Monday no problem.

Lack of High speed rail is fukking the game up.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
If you give americans the option of coming and going as they please ( cars) or having to adjust their activities to fit around a fixed schedule ( public transportation)... most will pick cars.

people crying for walkable cities,bike lanes, high speed rail and better city planning aren't the majority...just the loudest.

A bigger problem is just how inefficient and revenue driven parking is in a lot of major american cities,

Bruh HSR runs every 5-7 min if anybody’s life is affected they need to go get tested to see if they’re on the spectrum. That convenience / muh freedom you’re talking about is made up by lobbying groups.

Either I don’t give shyt. I’m trying to leave this sorry ass country.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Im in support of trains. But I cant see this working in Texas?

What are you gonna do after you get off the train and now youre in Dallas with no car. :martin:

Take public transportation? :lolbron:

High speed rail like they have overseas would get you from NYC to Orlando in 4.5 hours. You could go to Disney for 3 day weekends.

You could date women from Atl after work on Fridays and be home for work in the morning on Monday no problem.

Lack of High speed rail is fukking the game up.

:usure:

:dame: