Texas could get a 205-mph bullet train zipping between Houston and Dallas

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Can't see it happening in Texas, Republicans would kill it. Sad that politics ruin everything.

This country's only hope is probably a successful high speed line from DC to Boston. Not a bullshyt line that is sharing track with freight trains, but a true HSR line with only passenger trains on it. If people see it working there with high ridership, then maybe that would help it propagate to the rest of the country. Americans are so skeptical of everything until they see it working themselves.

Edit: Forgot the California HSR is under construction

Last edited:

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
Im in support of trains. But I cant see this working in Texas?

What are you gonna do after you get off the train and now youre in Dallas with no car. :martin:

Take public transportation? :lolbron:

More than likely the station will be at EBJ/Union Station. You would have to get on the Red or Blue line DART train to West End station to transfer to Orange or Green line. Or you could stay on the Red or Blue line. Or ride the TRE to Fort Worth. Just watch out for the dope heads, homeless, and psychos that be on DART trains.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If you give americans the option of coming and going as they please ( cars) or having to adjust their activities to fit around a fixed schedule ( public transportation)... most will pick cars.

people crying for walkable cities,bike lanes, high speed rail and better city planning aren't the majority...just the loudest.

A bigger problem is just how inefficient and revenue driven parking is in a lot of major american cities,
It's always the dollar in this country....always.

That's why our days are numbered here.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Still waiting for the one that’s supposed to connect Los Angeles to Las Vegas

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Damn 90 minute trip on a train compared to 70 minute trip on a plane. Without all the airport bs. Hell nah all these powerful airlines, plane makers and plane fuel suppliers would never let something like this happen. Hell the government don’t even want that happen with all the resources they use on airport security and monitoring with customs and TSA.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
American has been talking about several bullet trains for years so I’ll take this with a grain of salt until it’s completed.

Only the bright line in Florida after all these years was a legit high speed rail train built in the states.

Is bright line even comparable to the rails in Europe and Asian?