Texas Lt. Gov. wishlist for 2025 includes banning DEI, Bail funds, and THC delta products

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick included a ban on the controversial hemp product in his list of goals for the upcoming Texas legislative session.
Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick is including a ban on Delta-8 and Delta-9 products in his list of goals for the 2025 Texas legislative session, putting the future of the popular and controversial hemp products in jeopardy.
In his 2024 Interim Legislative Charges prospectus, Patrick outlined his desire for lawmakers to "examine the sale of intoxicating hemp products in Texas." The document also calls for legislators to "make recommendations to further regulate the sale of these products, and suggest legislation to stop retailers who market these products to children."

Both Delta-8 and Delta-9 are THC molecules capable of producing an intoxicating effect, but Delta-8 occurs naturally in marijuana in much smaller quantities. Delta-8 first hit Texas shelves after a loophole in the 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp but did not specify what form of THC would be regulated. Since then, Delta-9 products have also emerged in low-THC edible forms.

Six years later and two years after Texas began allowing hemp plants in Texan soil, over 7,000 businesses in Texas operate retail hemp licenses, and hundreds more possess the license to manufacture and market their own hemp products. Meanwhile, traditional marijuana is still only legal medically, and its use is heavily regulated. The so-called grey markets have drawn ire from lawmakers concerned that the products, which are not regulated by the FDA, are too easily accessible to minors.
--
The Texas Department of State Health Services first moved to ban Delta-8 in 2021, but an injunction has halted the prohibition, leaving Delta-8 on the market for now.The Lieutenant Governor's language in legislative charges does not appear to leave room for a possible middle ground between an unregulated cannabinoid free-for-all and outright ban.

Patrick's other legislative priorities for the coming session include strengthening property owners' rights against squatters, monitoring the ongoing DEI ban at public universities, and examining and restricting "charitable bail organizations" also known as bail funds.

collateral.

Rookie
Supporter
Daps
“Muh freedums! Like carrying rifles with no papers n banning gas station weed! Yeah!”

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is on brand for Texas:manny:

The only reason tech goes there is because they don't want to be taxed and know they can do their anti worker shyt with police backing them up.

With all due respect to my posters stuck in Texas, that state has made it very clear that they don't give a shyt about science, facts, logic or empathy for your fellow man. It's one of the most blatant "fukk you I got mine" and "don't make my brain hurt with all that thinking business 😡" States in the union.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
This is on brand for Texas:manny:

The only reason tech goes there is because they don't want to be taxed and know they can do their anti worker shyt with police backing them up.

With all due respect to my posters stuck in Texas, that state has made it very clear that they don't give a shyt about science, facts, logic or empathy for your fellow man. It's one of the most blatant "fukk you I got mine" and "don't make my brain hurt with all that thinking business 😡" States in the union.
Funny thing is the Texas House and Senate have both voted and passed measures to at least decriminalize weed for a while now. Dan Patrick is literally the only reason why weed is illegal in Texas right now. Over 80% of the state wants it legalized, it's just one man stopping it.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
*When Texans want social programs*
Texas: "This should be provided by charities, not The State"

:hula:

*When charities start bail funds*
Texas:
2953dd97-5509-4746-aa40-8215288b9d21_text.gif

LowkeyD

All Star
Daps
Small non intrusive Government is not so small and non intrusive.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
*When Texans want social programs*
Texas: "This should be provided by charities, not The State"

:hula:

*When charities start bail funds*
Texas:
2953dd97-5509-4746-aa40-8215288b9d21_text.gif
Them: Big government is out of control!

I agree let's cut funding to the military

Them: :whoa:

Them: unions are a problem!

I agree, police unions are letting cops away with murder.

Them: :woah:

Them: the state needs more money

I agree, let's legalize weed and tax it.

Them: There are too many immigrants!

I agree, let's support programs to develop Mexico so they have economic opportunities there and don't come here. With the ones we do have here, let's ease them into citizenship so we can boost our labor force.

They don't actually believe in anything other than causing as much suffering as they can to people they don't like.

ROBEEZYKILLA

the coli soulja
Daps
Reppin
dallas,tx
Damn these motherfukkers
Getting a a beer and a delta 9 gummy at the corner store after work days are numɓered