Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Could have been Nigeria...

I rather this been Tanzania and SOON. I don't see Ethiopia as being a black powerhouse for blacks worldwide. Sure they see themselves as more "African" than say North African countries but they SOMETIMES drift towards that Hamitic identity.

Isn't Ethiopia much more developed than Tanzania?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Isn't Ethiopia much more developed than Tanzania?
Ethiopia is NOT more developed than Ethiopia. I don't know where the heck you got that from. I would NEVER recommend a diasporan to LIVE in Ethiopia even if he/she knew Amharic. Dar es Salaam alone is more developed than most of Ethiopia. While Ethiopia is developing it has a LONG way to go before it can catch up to Tanzania and Kenya from what I seen there.

I don't know why you keep having disagreements about Tanzania when industrialization is their main goal and the government is less corrupt than Ethiopia's(don't even get me started).

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Ethiopia is NOT more developed than Ethiopia. I don't know where the heck you got that from. I would NEVER recommend a diasporan to LIVE in Ethiopia even if he/she knew Amharic. Dar es Salaam alone is more developed than most of Ethiopia. While Ethiopia is developing it has a LONG way to go before it can catch up to Tanzania and Kenya from what I seen there.

I don't know why you keep having disagreements about Tanzania when industrialization is their main goal and the government is less corrupt than Ethiopia's(don't even get me started).
I don't have anything against Tanzania I just don't see the evidence of them being a top economy or regional power

Every nation's goal is too be industrialized

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don't have anything against Tanzania I just don't see the evidence of them being a top economy or regional power
What evidence? People were saying the same about Ethiopia but look now. And again unlike Ethiopia Tanzania is more developed.

Every nation's goal is too be industrialized

Except Tanzania is actually executing its goals.

ARUSHA - Tanzanian President John Magufuli on Wednesday launched the Chinese-invested steel factory Kiluwa Steel Group, located in the eastern district of Kibaha.

Speaking at its official launch, President Magufuli commended the Chinese investors for choosing Tanzania as their investment destination in the east African region, calling other foreign investors to follow suit.

He described the new Chinese investment as important as it is part and parcel of the government-driven industrialization agenda.

Magufuli said: "This is an important project for Tanzania as it produces quality iron bars that meet the international standard as they are used in any bridge across the globe."

He discouraged the tendency of importing raw materials from other countries when in Tanzania there is a big deposit of iron ore in Mchuchuma area of the southern part of the country.

"I am aware of the challenge with our iron ore, as it is mixed with titanium and vanadium so the iron is combined with the two elements. These two elements have value than iron ore, I urge Tanzanian experts to find ways of separating the elements so that we get pure iron ore which is fit for iron bar production. This will also reduce the cost of importing to our investors," Magufuli suggested.

The Kiluwa Steel Group located in Mlandizi area of Kibaha District in Coast Region has the capacity of producing 300,000 tons iron bars per year in the first phase.

In the second phase, the plant will produce an average of 1,200,000 tons of iron bars per year.

Chinese Ambassador to Tanzania Lu Youqing congratulated the factory's launching, saying it will contribute to China-Tanzania cooperation.

The factory is linked with 3.5-km railway line from Tanzania Railway Ltd, at an advantageous point for the transport of raw materials and final products to the market.
Chinese-invested steel factory launched in eastern Tanzania - Business - Chinadaily.com.cn

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Is Tanzania's economy larger than Kenya's?

No. But unlike Tanzania, Kenya doesn't seem to want to industrialize. They showed this when they wanted EAC to join that European deal where European goods would flood EAC countries. Tanzania was against this because it would've hurt their goals for industrialization. There was a big discussion about that in this thread.

I don't know why people laugh at me when I say Tanzania can potentially become a powerhouse in East Africa. They already have the top five fastest grouping economy(faster than Kenya but Ethiopia's ahead) and their government is AMBITIOUS towards industrialization.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
No. But unlike Tanzania, Kenya doesn't seem to want to industrialize. They showed this when they wanted EAC to join that European deal where European goods would flood EAC countries. Tanzania was against this because it would've hurt their goals for industrialization. There was a big discussion about that in this thread.

I don't know why people laugh at me when I say Tanzania can potentially become a powerhouse in East Africa. They already have the top five fastest grouping economy(faster than Kenya but Ethiopia's ahead) and their government is AMBITIOUS towards industrialization.
We'll have to see in 10/20 yrs:ehh:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
We'll have to see in 10/20 yrs:ehh:
I have a question. In your opinion who do YOU see as a potential modern black powerhouse besides Nigeria and South Africa. Those two which are having A LOT of problems. Again... BLACK. I don't see Ethiopia because the government and especially the local people seem to be wishy washy when identifying as "black."

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
I have a question. In your opinion who do YOU see as a potential modern black powerhouse besides Nigeria and South Africa. Those two which are having A LOT of problems. Again... BLACK. I don't see Ethiopia because the government and especially the local people seem to be wishy washy when identifying as "black."
I think Ethiopia has all the tools and resources to be top dog in Africa. But since they may or many not wa t to be black idk

Nigeria seems to be falling apart which is a damn shame
S Africa seems stuck
Ghana is too small to dominate
DR Congo still a mess
Kenya maybe

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps

I hsvent kept up with current events in Africa lately and I go snoop and this is the 1st thing I see

Never change African presidents :russ::dead:

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

Their population will reach 100 million in a few decades too. Tanzania also has a lot of spare land too

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

I hsvent kept up with current events in Africa lately and I go snoop and this is the 1st thing I see

Never change African presidents :russ::dead:

He sent the message in Hausa to Muslims in Nigeria.

1) Not all Muslims in Nigeria are Hausa.
2) The message wasn't even in Nigeria's official language, English.

He's a sectional, divisive President.
:pacspit:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
When the Southern African region economy is going down hill and fast. All I am reading is negative shyt. Those whites better GTFO before it happens.

Ok we mean the same thing by it :skip:

but yeah... instead those dumbasses want to make places like orania. shyt located far inland with no ocean escape access :laff: