Essential The Africa the Media Doesn't Tell You About

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Incompetent leaders, leaders are not even visionaries like those in East Africa(at least EA dictators are visionaries), very bad geographic location, corruption, too many coups, too many terrorist insurgency, among many other errors.

Largely West Africa has poor leaders. Also many West African nations are too small (ex. Gambia)

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Incompetent leaders, leaders are not even visionaries like those in East Africa(at least EA dictators are visionaries), very bad geographic location, corruption, too many coups, too many terrorist insurgency, among many other errors.
What do you mean by bad geographic locations

West Africa is close to EU and North America

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.

I think he means countries like Mali, and Niger are landlock countries hence their supposedly bad location. I think one of the main reasons is the lack of electricity in some of west african countries, even the most decrepit village in Egypt for example this

africa-egypt-luxor-the-market-people-watching-a-football-match-BBW5PW.jpg

people regardless of class, area or region has access to electricity and clean water. A country economy cannot grow if it does not has reliable electricity. I believe that is what holding them back. Also trust me Egypt economy is not great, but access to electricity is pretty good, in comparison to most Sub Saharan African countries, but it is still a poor country and of course very corrupt.

Here is a article from a Nigerian website that talks about the electricity problem and the affect to their economy.

Solve Electricity and You Will Solve Nigeria’s Economy

Solve Electricity and You Will Solve Nigeria’s Economy

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
A lot of Africa seem to have the same problems as the Caribbean nation except they're 100x bigger with a million times more resources

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

Pay attention. Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso are among the larger countries in West Africa and yet they are landlocked and are basically in the Sahara. Thats terrible.

While the coastal West African nations besides Nigeria are tiny.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Pay attention. Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso are among the larger countries in West Africa and yet they are landlocked and are basically in the Sahara. Thats terrible.

While the coastal West African nations besides Nigeria are tiny.
Larger in area but not population

Plus there are the only landlocked countries in West Africa and some of the poorest

Mali Senegal and Gambia should merge but I doubt it will ever happen

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Ok. Disagree with the first point. Germany and UK>Russia for example
Germany and UK aren't even regional powers like Russia lol. Nor were they in history as powerful as the Soviet Union. Bad example. The only time the UK was a great power was when it was the British Empire and had dozens of land and thus dozens of resources. Russia is in its state due to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

If you think countries with large populations and limited land/area can become a regional power then good luck. I don't see that happening for Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, etc.

And out of all the nations in west Africa you're talking about three
Read my posts. I mentioned those because they are the largest nations in West Africa. But also me and @MansaMusa were talking about how most West African nations are tiny. Meanwhile the larger ones are landlocked. Small nations like Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, etc do not have the qualifications to become regional powers in Africa. Which is a must for Africa.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Germany and UK aren't even regional powers like Russia lol. Nor were they in history as powerful as the Soviet Union. Bad example. The only time the UK was a great power was when it was the British Empire and had dozens of land and thus dozens of resources. Russia is in its state due to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

If you think countries with large populations and limited land/area can become a regional power then good luck. I don't see that happening for Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, etc.

Read my posts. I mentioned those because they are the largest nations in West Africa. But also me and @MansaMusa were talking about how most West African nations are tiny. Meanwhile the larger ones are landlocked. Small nations like Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal, etc do not have the qualifications to become regional powers in Africa. Which is a must for Africa.
Totally absolutely disagree with your first paragraph.

And if you don't see Senegal Ivory Coast and Ghana being a regional power, how can you possibly consider Niger Mali or Burkina Faso to be?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Totally absolutely disagree with your first paragraph.
Then explain WHY. Germany and UK may have the larger economies but Russia is more relevant on the world stage than both those countries(Syria anyone).

Qatar for example has the largest GDP per capita in the world and yet they are not only irrelevant on the world stage but they are getting bullied by surrounding Gulf nations. Why do you think Nigeria leads ECOWAS and NOT Ghana for example who's country is far more stable. And why Ethiopia leads East Africa and NOT Kenya who's country is far more stable and citizens are living better...

Again regional powers are a must for Africa. It gives Africa to be political players on a grander scale and dictates to internal and external forces what gets to go down.
And if you don't see Senegal Ivory Coast and Ghana being a regional power, how can you possibly consider Niger Mali or Burkina Faso to be?

Again read my post. I NEVER said Niger, Mali or BF can be regional powers. I said many times that they are landlocked and in the Sahara. Its almost impossible.