The Combat Jack Show - The Cormega 'Mega Philosophy' Episode

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great great episode, gonna pick my up vinyl copy at the post office on Saturday. Just copped the pharaoh monch joint off the recommendation from Ben Ahmin(hope I spelt it right). Damn im excited about Hip-hop again. Shiit is beautiful. Much love to Mega, and everyone involved on the Combat Jack show. All love to all the emcees who really give a fukk. Change is coming brothers and sisters

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Good interview. The prison/cop stories hit close to home. I just heard a episode on Zo what Mornings speaking on Cops and how they abuse their authority. Deep deep powerful show.

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
just an all around great interview- i'd advise anyone to listen to it. mega dropped a lot of jewels in this one and it's cool to hear the stories about his life. dude has an ill self awareness and humble nature about himself that's refreshing.

the album keeps getting better for me each listen- really great body of work. i want to cop the physical so i'll just keep waiting around til the local best buy has it. good smooth album- large professor made beats that tailored to mega on this one.

lightskin jermaine

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Antonio
damn this interview is dope. i can't lie, i've heard of cormega but never really took the time to listen to his music, but after hearing them snippes during the interview:ohlawd:

i had to cop that mega philosophy on itunes to support the breh:salute:

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
cormega-megaphilosphy.jpg

Cormega got a R&B album out?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Mega seems very reluctant to talk about the old M.A.R.S now in two interviews, seems like it was something more than just doing a fresh version.

i think this is more what he wanted to do. i think i have listened to that old CJ interview now that i think of it and i'm sure he said in the old one that he wanted different people than that 1st version. it was supposed to be this line up i think, but he still did it with those other cats last time.

Frida Giezman

Banned
Daps
As far as Mars goes I believe he said he wanted different people on the original (80s legends if I'm not mistaken) but ended up with Roc, Action, and Sean P. And like someone mentioned Sean p went at action on the song so mega took his verse off and replaced him with Saigon. He said he made a new Mars because large pro put the original Mars on one of his projects and kinda stole his thunder.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
great interview....

Mega is a great emcee, but always gives props to other artists. I appreciate that

The Chuck D story lol, working with Large, album review, career journey