The Denver nuggets will eventually retire number 15 and it won’t be Melo on the back

concise

Veteran
Daps
Denver still resents Melo for how he left. Even if he wore a different #, they would still try to find every reason not to honor him. Jokic turning out to be better just happened to be the perfect excuse.

Remember this disrespect wasnt too long ago

I think the disconnect is that Carmelo, the player, has his own fanbase who want him to keep collecting accolades not realizing fans of the Denver Nuggets team, as well as the ownership, still feel resentment to how he left.

Yeah, plenty of other guys who seemingly did less for other teams had their numbers retired but they were usually fan favorites. Leaving how he did lost him a lot of fans there.

Daps
Melo didn't leave the Nuggets on the best of terms to begin with.

Losing to the Lakers in the WCF was his high water mark as a Nugget.

Denver is under no obligation to honor Melo in any capacity IMO
This.

If the Nuggets didn't have Jokic and never won a ring, it might be a different story.

They love him and he's still playing. They may wait until AFTER Joker retires and gets honored before immortalizing Melo. It's about what Denver fans want, not so much what Melo fans want.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
if they can retire 15 with both, i dont c why they cant do that.

a topic like this always draws the extremist here, melo haters, and dikkriders.

jokic is miles better than Melo, but hes done enough to easily get his numbered retired if not honored by the Nuggs.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
if they can retire 15 with both, i dont c why they cant do that.

a topic like this always draws the extremist here, melo haters, and dikkriders.

jokic is miles better than Melo, but hes done enough to easily get his numbered retired if not honored by the Nuggs.
Knicks did this with Earl Monroe & dikk McGuire. #15 is in the rafters with both their names.

nyk_retired_numbers.0.jpg

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
The only people that want Melo number retired are Melo stanleys (and idek why or how they exist)
Not a stan but he was the most important/accomplished player the Nuggets (and Knicks) would have in real time in 20 years.
:pachaha: Being a top 5 Nugget isn’t exactly that hard
Maybe not, but he is. That means retiring his number deserves consideration for what he did for that team.
Melo, as bad it sounds, prob won’t be remembered THAT fondly. Not like the Wade or Brons of his time. He’s still in the 1 % of the league, but he doesn’t have a pronounced enough impact to where the Nugs should feel forced to retire something for him, even if he didn’t share the number as their best player.

A way more interesting debate to me is if the Pels retire CP3’s number
The Pelicans would be absolute trash if they didn't retire Chris Paul's number.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think putting someone in the rafters and retiring someone’s numbers are two different arguments tbh. Idk why this thread exists at all since there was one with dozens of pages that went on for years already, but if this thread was about the former instead of the latter, most dudes would agree Melo deserves that honor

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Knicks did this with Earl Monroe & dikk McGuire. #15 is in the rafters with both their names.

nyk_retired_numbers.0.jpg
which is why i say if they can do his

then they can do something for Melo, i believe Nuggs might do it, whatever resentment they had. I can picture them burying it given they got what they want with a Chip

winning heals all.