The end of real estate agents

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Maybe it varies by state but there is a seller's fee and a listers fee.

The agent that brings the buyer gets the seller's fee (3%) and the agent the agent that listed the house gets a fee (3%).

Buyer and seller help can be haggled with in those fees
Usually the seller agent will give a portion of commission to the buyers agent

but a buyer doesn’t pay the real estate agent

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
My agent did not truly earn his commission. He was showing us all these bullshyt properties that we had really no interest in. We basically found our house on our own. A couple we knew was selling and found out we were looking, they were a black older couple and they told us to make our best offer. We did, they accepted and the rest is history. They could have gotten 60-70k more but they did us a solid and we been Gucci ever since. And our house has doubled in value since then.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is laughable :laff::laff::laff:

Automation doesn't have access to the MLS to get an accurate price on the house

Automation can't sell your house for you, when buyers are hesitant

Automation can't physically show you 5-10 properties a day so you can get a good feel for the property

Automation can't reduce the stress of a the home or rental buying process

Automation can't smooth things over with the Landlord or Owner when they want to deny your application for whatever reason

Automation doesn't have contacts with Mortgage Brokers that will give you a break, even though on paper you may not 100% qualify for that mortgage

Some things will always need a human touch

Nah let them believe APi calls and machine learning can handle all of that.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I bought a house I feel like I did 90% of the work. I searched for all the houses I wanted to see myself. Dude wasn't coming through with mad houses that were off the MLS list or nothing. He was showing me the same houses I already found myself on the apps :mjlol:.
The paperwork and help on certain rules and formalities was really the only value I got out the deal.
Man this was our experience. We found our house

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
These agents are dirty as mud. Hopefully this will put an end to them taking advantage of people.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If this is true, holy shyt.

Zillow has my home value inflated by about $80k over what the appraiser said last year.

This could be a hell of a come up for some people.
its true. theyve been at it for a couple years now

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is laughable :laff::laff::laff:

Automation doesn't have access to the MLS to get an accurate price on the house

Automation can't sell your house for you, when buyers are hesitant

Automation can't physically show you 5-10 properties a day so you can get a good feel for the property

Automation can't reduce the stress of a the home or rental buying process

Automation can't smooth things over with the Landlord or Owner when they want to deny your application for whatever reason

Automation doesn't have contacts with Mortgage Brokers that will give you a break, even though on paper you may not 100% qualify for that mortgage

Some things will always need a human touch

The Market Is Flooded With Lazy Idiots But You're Right, All This Automation And Self Reliance Is Gonna Do Is Screw People Out Of Thousands Of Dollars But They’ll Have No Idea So I Guess No Harm No Foul lol

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I wonder how this will affect agents that show discrimination when selling and showing listing. Could be beneficial for black folks trying to sell and buy. fukk them racist agents btw

discrimination is what makes it where people dont care to remove the human aspect, look at uber. Taxi drivers being racist did it to themselves. Look at store pick up vs browsing to find items. I can eliminate being followed around stores now, and so on.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Nah let them believe APi calls and machine learning can handle all of that.

The Market Is Flooded With Lazy Idiots But You're Right, All This Automation And Self Reliance Is Gonna Do Is Screw People Out Of Thousands Of Dollars But They’ll Have No Idea So I Guess No Harm No Foul lol

"Zestimates" are useless data gathering and assumptions... Zillow is gonna tell people their house is 80K less than what its really worth.

Real Estate Investors gonna see this and be like

tenor.gif

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Was your appraiser a cac?

Yup. Plus I have a big ass painting of Malcolm X on my living room wall. I know that pissed them off. :lolbron:

But the appraisal was in-line with all of the other automated appraisal engines I've seen. Zillow is the only one with an inflated value, so I think theirs is wrong.