The Fall Of WWE Music - What Happened?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Good vid here that basically details something we’ve all discussed at one time or another in regards to past and present WWE themes. There’s a lot of current ones that just blend together, and since I have watched less wrestling the past few years, I often catch matches in progress, so I normally miss the entrances, and after running through a handful of them, you could hit shuffle, close your eyes, and not know which theme goes to which character. Peak Jim Johnston had me liking Dean Malenko, Crash Holly, and Al Snow themes.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Characters stopped being strong enough to warrant distinct themes
This is one of the biggest reasons for such watered down themes. How can you create a nice theme for wrestlers that really don’t have gimmicks other than ‘good wrestler that grew up watching wrestling and always wanted to be in the WWE” ???

Vic Damone. Jr

Don't support the phonies, support the real
Daps
Reppin
Memphis TN
Them getting someone that has the same ear and vision Jim Johnston has. Whomever is in charge gets it right at times, but mainly the themes are :comeon::what:

Daps
Reppin
LDN
Honestly the themes today are a lot better than during the 2000s Ruthless Aggression era where every theme was some emo heavy metal trash :scust:

People act like Jim Johnson was putting out nothing but heat but he fell off years ago.
:patrice:

Off the top of my head I can think of at least 15 themes that debuted during that era that weren’t, it just seems that way because of all the trash like Luther Reigns and Heidenreich

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Jim Johnston fell off hard so moving to CFO$ was the right move.