The fukk??? IT Certs Only last for 3 Years??!!

Axolotl

Banned
Daps
:wtf:
so your saying i have drop 300 dollars to take the test and even if i passed, i got to retake the shyt another 3 years???? what kind of BS is this.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Not all of them, just certain ones.

But the Comptia certs (A+, Network+, Security+) only last for three years. They used to last for life but they changed it some years ago. It is what it is.

Once you have your foot in the door certs don't matter as much, my A+ has been expired for a while and I have absolutely no need to renew it.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You have to constantly reup your knowledge. IT doesn't stagnate at all. Your job is to attain new certs to renew the old ones.

The A+ for instance, there is a huge difference between the content in the 802 and the more recent 902 exams. So much legacy hardware

and software was talked about in the 802 that you will only find in the jankiest of offices. Imagine test questions about parallel ports, floppies, and

zip drives:mjlol:If you took the A+ in the early 2000s and don't follow technology, you wouldn't understand that all of that shyt was wholesale replaced by USB.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most places will not force you to renew them if you continue to grow in your field.

For instance, most Cisco and CompTIA certs last for only 3 years. But unless you're working for Cisco, no one is going to expect you to take a CCNA again.

Also passing a CCNP will automatically renew your CCNA.

TL;DR, it only matters if you are getting your foot in the door, or you work for a standard bearer.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You have to constantly reup your knowledge. IT doesn't stagnate at all. Your job is to attain new certs to renew the old ones.

The A+ for instance, there is a huge difference between the content in the 802 and the more recent 902 exams. So much legacy hardware

and software was talked about in the 802 that you will only find in the jankiest of offices. Imagine test questions about parallel ports, floppies, and

zip drives:mjlol:If you took the A+ in the early 2000s and don't follow technology, you wouldn't understand that all of that shyt was wholesale replaced by USB.

True but if you still working a job that requires your A+ 3 years later... well.... :francis:

Deflatedhoopdreams

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Rucker
In Electrical we have to update every time they make a new book which is every 4 or so years. We also have to renew our first aid and licenses and all that othef b.s. and they all cost money.

FSP

Banned
Daps
If you have a job you shouldn't even need it after that. You can use your job experience

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
True but if you still working a job that requires your A+ 3 years later... well.... :francis:
It's just an example. Same thing would count for other certs, but off the top of my head, more technology has been dumpstered relative to A+ than other certs.
Some of the other ones revisions aren't as radical from one edition to the next, but if hes doing what hes supposed to do, they will renew just by him getting
the new certs. It isn't a big deal, and 3 years is a long time to simply not get a new cert. Some of them shyts I see are like printing money, so a lil $300 ain't
shyt.