beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I'm by no means an expert on the godfather as I have only seen parts 1 and 2 the entire way thru, but never much of part 3.

anyways, I see on HBO, they are showing something called the godfather epic, and I'm watching it. shyt is like 7 hours long, but I'm wondering if they're showing the entire trilogy, why does deniro appear at the beginning of the film when he originally shows up in part 2.

well apparently, this film was done by francis ford coppola by taking the three movies and then putting them in chronological order.

and that's actually dope. cuz the first two are so great, who cares how we see them. and I find myself enjoying seeing it starting with vito as a young boy to michael becoming don corleone.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
not watching but

HBO currently showing the Complete Godfather epic - 7 hour combo of parts 1 and 2 put into chronological order with additional scenes

this is from the Godfather Thread..so I guess that explains it....I hope they have this on hbo go tho, id love to catch it

edit:oops didnt read your whole post :manny:

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
not watching but

this is from the Godfather Thread..so I guess that explains it....I hope they have this on hbo go tho, id love to catch it

edit:oops didnt read your whole post :manny:

it's on HBO on demand. I started at the beginning cuz we had company and I missed parts I wanted to see at the beginning.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They released this in the 1970s under the name "The Godfather: A Novel for Television" in which they played the 1st 2 movies in chronological order.

There are additional scenes that didn't make it into the theatrical releases of the 2 movies individually, so it's a good view.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The most significant extra scene I saw had to do with that guy who came to the hospital when Michael was there and the cops came to kill Vito and he stood outside the hospital with Mike all nervous acting like muscle. Apparently, he or someone in his family caught a bad one and the Corleones or Mike remember how he helped and got vengeance for the family. Beginning of GF 2 I believe.