SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
That clip of him in that room throwing up gang signs also did him in.
That was part of it. The tidal league interview basically cemented his career as over. Dude exposed himself somethin serious as someone no GM should want in the locker room.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It’s over for him. Clippers couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Not good enough for the great/good teams and the bad teams don’t need him or want him around the young guys. d rose providing the blueprint for the washed up point guards. Be a great teammate and don’t complain about not playing and there will be a place for you.
I don't watch NFL but from what i hear about running backs, that seems to be the equivalent to explosive point guards in the NBA.

That is: the shelf-life ain't that great (with exceptions) and with the way offenses are evolving it's not really a necessity to have one, unless they're a dead-eye shooter.

I mentioned it last year but from Franchise, Marbury, Baron, Rose, Kemba, Wall, several others... all injured/cooked/needing to reinvent their games by their late 20s/barely 30. Russ has lasted but it was looking bleak until -to your point- other players (like PG) considered him a great teammate/locker room guy.

His off the court demons aside, the sooner Ja develops a Tony Parker game + floater, the better off he'll be long term.

Daps
It’s over for him. Clippers couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. Not good enough for the great/good teams and the bad teams don’t need him or want him around the young guys. d rose providing the blueprint for the washed up point guards. Be a great teammate and don’t complain about not playing and there will be a place for you.
He and Cousins really didn’t realize they were old and washed until they got that wake up call.

Sucks the nba is doing this now. The league doesn’t respect vets as much and would rather bring in subpar talent to help with tanking

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He and Cousins really didn’t realize they were old and washed until they got that wake up call.

Sucks the nba is doing this now. The league doesn’t respect vets as much and would rather bring in subpar talent to help with tanking
Except these guys aren’t the vets that you really want. Garrett Temple is still getting signed and it has nothing to do with talent. Look at Deandre Jordan. You gotta get rid of your ego.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't watch NFL but from what i hear about running backs, that seems to be the equivalent to explosive point guards in the NBA.

That is: the shelf-life ain't that great (with exceptions) and with the way offenses are evolving it's not really a necessity to have one, unless they're a dead-eye shooter.

I mentioned it last year but from Franchise, Marbury, Baron, Rose, Kemba, Wall, several others... all injured/cooked/needing to reinvent their games by their late 20s/barely 30. Russ has lasted but it was looking bleak until -to your point- other players (like PG) considered him a great teammate/locker room guy.

His off the court demons aside, the sooner Ja develops a Tony Parker game + floater, the better off he'll be long term.
I agree but I wouldn’t put kemba and marbury in the same category of Uber athletic pg’s as Franchise, Rose and Wall. I’m on the fence with Baron because he had more pg skills than those guys . Replace them with westbrook. That group was overly dependent on the athleticism for for success. Francis looked like he was figuring it out in 07 in his second stint with Houston before he got the injury that ended his career.

A lot of those pg’s just didn’t take care of their body. Francis listened to Charles Barkley early in his career about maintaining his body instead of Cassell :francis:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Except these guys aren’t the vets that you really want. Garrett Temple is still getting signed and it has nothing to do with talent. Look at Deandre Jordan. You gotta get rid of your ego.
Also playing for the right coach would help them out. i tememt reading something about Antonio McDyess saying playing for Larry brown helped him out because coaches like him and Pops will define your role. Wall playing for Silas might’ve hurt him more than anything because all he did was enable Wall when everybody could see the bad selfish brand of basketball he played in Houston.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I agree but I wouldn’t put kemba and marbury in the same category of Uber athletic pg’s as Franchise, Rose and Wall. I’m on the fence with Baron because he had more pg skills than those guys . Replace them with westbrook. That group was overly dependent on the athleticism for for success. Francis looked like he was figuring it out in 07 in his second stint with Houston before he got the injury that ended his career.

A lot of those pg’s just didn’t take care of their body. Francis listened to Charles Barkley early in his career about maintaining his body instead of Cassell :francis:

I agree 100%.

With Baron, you're right about his skill-level, but dude had his Russ tendencies with how fearless reckless he was attacking the rim (led to GOAT dunks tho) and he surprisingly wasn't as good of a shooter as was perceived when looking at his splits. He benefited from being faster/quicker/more electric than most. But towards the end he was always hurt. Them knees.

Marbury had ups too but was def a bit more reserved with it than BD. Tho, similar to BD, he wasn't that great of a shooter either. Kemba is prob the odd one out bc he actually could shoot, but his thing was being super quick and it felt like once he lost his knees, it was a wrap for him.