The Marvel (MCU) Fatal Flaw

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Eh you were talking about Civil War this is more about the entire MCU. And besides Tony never learning any lessons I disagree with every point in the article. I can tell you the theme of every MCU movie besides maybe IM 2.

It applies to Civil War though.

The movie isn't really about anything. It raises questions but it doesn't offer up any kind of stance whatsoever. In the end there's no moral to the story. Nothing is learned.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
It applies to Civil War though.

The movie isn't really about anything. It raises questions but it doesn't offer up any kind of stance whatsoever. In the end there's no moral to the story. Nothing is learned.
I mean you said that already, I obviously disagree. They do give weight to both sides of the security vs privacy argument but in the end they do definitively choose privacy.
Tony breaks the Accords himself and treats Ross like a loser on the wrong side of the issue at the end of the movie.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Good article.

MCU films are about as deep as a puddle.

They touch on subjects that are deep or interesting but that's all they do. Touch on it. They never take a deep dive. It's just all surface level stuff and then rush you off to a joke to undermine everything and then push you to a set piece. They never actually have the balls or the talent to do anything with the subjects they present because they're too desperate to please the lowest common denominator. Like a girl who has a print of desiderata on her wall but can't actually hold a conversation about anything.

The film's age like milk and get worse every time you watch them.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
Good article.

MCU films are about as deep as a puddle.

They touch on subjects that are deep or interesting but that's all they do. Touch on it. They never take a deep dive. It's just all surface level stuff and then rush you off to a joke to undermine everything and then push you to a set piece. They never actually have the balls or the talent to do anything with the subjects they present because they're too desperate to please the lowest common denominator. Like a girl who has a print of desiderata on her wall but can't actually hold a conversation about anything.

The film's age like milk and get worse every time you watch them.

Once again everything that was said in that article applies TEN TIMES MORE to Snyder's movies.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
I mean you said that already, I obviously disagree. They do give weight to both sides of the security vs privacy argument but in the end they do definitively choose privacy.
Tony breaks the Accords himself and treats Ross like a loser on the wrong side of the issue at the end of the movie.
was the movie really about security vs privacy?

I thought it was a metaphor for America policing the world.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
The Accords were signed by 117 countries and were enforced by the United Nations so no it's not just about America.

you know what i mean, america is the top world superpower. america is the country that 'polices' the world.

in this movie the debate is whether or not the avengers should police the world without accountability, the leader of the avengers is captain america and he's the one who's against the accords.

it's right there in the title: captain america: civil war

i mean whatever you don't have to draw that comparison but the movie is definitely a "who watches the watchmen" type story. i never interpreted the central conflict as a 'privacy vs. security' matter, although i do think there's room for such an interpretation.

Alpha Male

Spare me your daps
Daps
If you really wanna get technical the most shallow superhero movie of all time is BATMAN (1989)

Regardless of how you feel about this film, there is absolutely nothing going on beneath the surface AT ALL. Its a movie about Batman stopping the Joker, there is NO subtext or symbolism of any kind.

Batman Returns was actually a much deeper movie.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
you know what i mean, america is the top world superpower. america is the country that 'polices' the world.

in this movie the debate is whether or not the avengers should police the world without accountability, the leader of the avengers is captain america and he's the one who's against the accords.

it's right there in the title: captain america: civil war

i mean whatever you don't have to draw that comparison but the movie is definitely a "who watches the watchmen" type story. i never interpreted the central conflict as a 'privacy vs. security' matter, although i do think there's room for such an interpretation.
Hmm . . . maybe the movie is about more than one thing. It's like . . . layered. :mjgrin: