The Marvel (MCU) Fatal Flaw

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Marvel is in a position where they don't need to play it safe.

Yeah Ok, 2018 they got a $100 + million movie with a 90% Black cast after they got a movie that will cost around half a billion. Those are risks.
They restarted the shared universe when no one thought it would pay in off in 2008, now everyone is doing it.
And they had the forsight to invest $100 million in unknown properties (GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange).

They been took chances, give them their credit.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah Ok, 2018 they got a $100 + million movie with a 90% Black cast after they got a movie that will cost around half a billion. Those are risks.
They restarted the shared universe when no one thought it would pay in off in 2008, now everyone is doing it.
And they had the forsight to invest $100 million in unknown properties (GotG, Ant-Man, Dr. Strange).

They been took chances, give them their credit.
Black Panther is their biggest "risk"

But what @obarth was getting at was deeper storytelling (which I believe Black Panther will provide) and not relying on the same formula every film

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Black Panther is their biggest "risk"

But what @obarth was getting at was deeper storytelling (which I believe Black Panther will provide) and not relying on the same formula every film
I totally disagree with Marvel using the same formula. How does the account for differing Public receptions.bPeople love Ironman but are lukewarm on Thor but it's the same formula?! They do have similar tone and that's to make the shared universe cohesive.

And how is spending half a billy with over 30 superheroes included not a risk?

Plus they do sacrifice 'deep' storytelling to include kids. I don't mind that, I fell in love with these characters as a kid. Newer generations should have the opportunity to do the same.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
The problem is people looking for deep meaning in a fukking COMIC BOOK MOVIE

i find it highly AMUSING & HILARIOUS when idiots say stupid posts like this..

comics touch one very deep subject matter, from the killing joke rape to court of owls dealing with mental breakdown

to what happend with X v A with deciding on killing the pheonix force..

or namor bringing the buildings down on wakanda and killing shyt..

orrr hell the biggest marvel one, civil war.. nikkaS BLEW UP A SCHOOL, FULL OF SCHOOL CHILDREN for damn sake

foh with that pretense shyt that comics are some kiddy shyt.. dummy

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I totally disagree with Marvel using the same formula. How does the account for differing Public receptions.bPeople love Ironman but are lukewarm on Thor but it's the same formula?! They do have similar tone and that's to make the shared universe cohesive.

And how is spending half a billy with over 30 superheroes included not a risk?

Plus they do sacrifice 'deep' storytelling to include kids. I don't mind that, I fell in love with these characters as a kid. Newer generations should have the opportunity to do the same.
Comics had deep storytelling back when you fell in love with those characters.

Just because a movie follows the same story beats doesn't mean every thing else will be identical. Think about rappers copying the flow and beats of a popular artist but some never reach that level while others do
I personally liked the Thor movies but he and The Hulk were my favorites growing up :yeshrug:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
i find it highly AMUSING & HILARIOUS when ididots say stupid posts like this..

comics touch one very deep subject matter, from the killing joke rape to court of owls dealing with mental breakdown

orrr hell the biggest marvel one, civil war.. nikkaS BLEW UP A SCHOOL, FULL OF SCHOOL CHILDREN for damn sake

You're still talking about a fictional comic book with colorful pages and characters and nikkas fukkin named Spider-Man and Batman.

Shut the fukk up.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
This is such a dumb brain dead argument.

The stories held highest in the comic book medium are those that take things seriously and have a deeper meaning. Dark knight is seen as the greatest comic book film of all time because of this.

You can copy / paste this argument into people defending the dumbing down of music.

"it's music,it should be fun,it doesn't have to have a deeper meaning!"

People like you are why studios can get away with releasing garbage all the time.

Low standards having muthafukkas.:hhh:
People like me :russ:

These shyts out here doing 10s of billions in revenue but I'm the problem :stopitslime:

Look man, every movie doesn't have to a fukking masterpiece. And yes. Same with music.

I don't want to ride around listening to Gucci. Give me that deep shyt. But I also don't want to go to the club and listen to dead prez. It's a time and place

Sometimes I want to go watch a deep, well acted, amazing movie that has me leaving the theater like :ohhh:

And sometimes I just want to zone out for a few hours, smoke a j, grab my son and watch 10 superheroes bullshyt around and blow up shyt

People forget marvel is with Disney. These are for the kids. My son ain't watching no damn 3 hour BvS, no matter how deep it's trying to be. Why? Cause it's fukking boring to him and not enough action. Did I watch it? Sure did. But he wants to go see iron man fly around and make jokes and shoot rockets and shyt.

People really acting like every movie they ever liked was some modern classic of the utmost quality. You lying to us and yourselves.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
i find it highly AMUSING & HILARIOUS when idiots say stupid posts like this..

Yea picture that coming out in any movie anytime soon. There's a reason why The Watchmen did 185 million in 09 while Ironman did 585 million in 08.

These are movie studios. They want to make money. They want you to go there and have fun and take your kids and get away from life for a few hours.

Not leave the theater having to explain to little Timmy about rape and how his school won't get blown up cause it was just a movie

DC ain't even taking shyt there. they are a little more grown up. But they doing cookie cutter comic shyt too.

If we want to be real. With deadpool and Logan, fox is the only ones even beating down the adult theme path