The Official Ask a Breh Living in the Middle East Anything Thread(Pics Included)

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
So your company pays uplift?

Ya. 10% foreign pay and 10%for danger pay basically. I'm also on per diem so that's another $115 a day plus housing. I'll lose per diem though Once we renew our contract then I'll get a housing allowances and what not.

Do yal get foregin pay and what not?

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Outside of duty free there's a few liquor stores here and there in Dubai, but you will need a license to be able to purchase. There's actually quite a big liquor store in Ajman that sells liquor pretty cheap as well where you don't need a license at all.

no license. that's nice. we don't have it that good out here. you either no somebody or you're out of luck without a license.

most importantly spent in dubai was 2 weeks. most of the time I was passing through going to Afghanistan

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
How did you guys get a job there/what type of job??
Do you miss home??
Is it hard getting along since the culture is so different??
Do people look at you in a different way??
What's your typical free day look like?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Ya. 10% foreign pay and 10%for danger pay basically. I'm also on per diem so that's another $115 a day plus housing. I'll lose per diem though Once we renew our contract then I'll get a housing allowances and what not.

Do yal get foregin pay and what not?
naw my cheap ass company is screwing us over on all that shyt... What company are you with

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
How did you guys get a job there/what type of job??
Do you miss home??
Is it hard getting along since the culture is so different??
Do people look at you in a different way??
What's your typical free day look like?

1. I was prior military then started contacting after college but a degree is not needed for most jobs and I work in logistics

2. No I don't miss home really. I'm also single. If anything I miss riding my motorcycle the most.

3. The locals don't say anything to you really out in public. Just don't start making out with a female in public. Everything else is just being a decent citizen.

4. Most people think I'm african until I start talking then they switch it up because they know you are American

5. My weekends are cool. Pretty much do the same stuff I do in the states. Hang out with a female or friend. Go to and event in the city. Relax. Bruch is huge here on the weekends. It's from 12 to 4pm. I go to the movies and malls.

My life here is honestly pretty nice. I wish they played more hip hop in clubs and it's was more females in general but overall I like it so far.

It's not like the U.S. but it's good enough where I would stay a few years.

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
No and I work with Qatari's that have money. They are pretty cool from what I see. Drive some nice vehicles as well. Most of the ones I work with are in their 20s and early 30s. But even the older ones seem layed back for the most part.
I've heard good things about Qataris, I've heard a lot of horners live there as well.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
1. I was prior military then started contacting after college but a degree is not needed for most jobs and I work in logistics

2. No I don't miss home really. I'm also single. If anything I miss riding my motorcycle the most.

3. The locals don't say anything to you really out in public. Just don't start making out with a female in public. Everything else is just being a decent citizen.

4. Most people think I'm african until I start talking then they switch it up because they know you are American

5. My weekends are cool. Pretty much do the same stuff I do in the states. Hang out with a female or friend. Go to and event in the city. Relax. Bruch is huge here on the weekends. It's from 12 to 4pm. I go to the movies and malls.

My life here is honestly pretty nice. I wish they played more hip hop in clubs and it's was more females in general but overall I like it so far.

It's not like the U.S. but it's good enough where I would stay a few years.
that's nice to here, idk why but I always wanted to spend a few years in some other country and experience that.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
naw my cheap ass company is screwing us over on all that shyt... What company are you with

not gonna just post that but definitely top tier defense contractor. I'll pm you my number since you out here. Maybe we can link up.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
that's nice to here, idk why but I always wanted to spend a few years in some other country and experience that.

Ya it is a good experience and gives you the chance to interact with people from all over the world in my case.

I'll even add that alot of American guys go home with foreign wives after being out here and I assume it's the same with alot of guys on expat assignments.

You are just exposed to so much more.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
How hard is it to get a defense contractor job now? I've heard they are pretty dried up...

Ya most have but you can still find them. they just are not hiring in huge waves like they used to but rather a person here and there. luckily my company has a big commercial side as well. I just happen to be in a location with Americans.

Last edited: