Religion/Spirituality The Official Bible Study Thread

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Also genesis is a combination of a bunch of different tribes take on the creation on the world. It's pieced together like a tapestry, so that in one part you have God walking the earth with Adam (I believe) and one part he's above the world. I gotta go back over my notes from my bible as literature class
Is it really? I'll tell you this, according to the Jewish lore there was no talking serpent. They're lore states that there was a man riding upon a camel in the shape of a serpent, and they call him the Angel Sama-AEL. I must say I find that Samael is Vishnu, and that Vishnu is associated with the fig tree. Thats interesting because after Adam and Eve were "awakened" they clothed their nudity with the leaves of a type of fig tree.

The imagery of a man or women riding upon an animal is typical for the animal representing a throne or state, and the person representing rulership. Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

Soon

Banned
Daps
Nice thread, I appreciate Bible study without interpretation and focuses on both the historical & the literal.

Ignoring the customs of different Ancient Nations (especially Hellenic in regards to the New Testament) makes the Bible hard to understand.

I can understand why your family disowned...the same way I can see Ras Kass' Nature of the Threat shakes up Christians as it showed pointed out the paganism in our faith. Not many Christians would receive you (@Chez Lopez ) or Ras Kass very well, I received Ras Kass very well, cause it made me focus on both the Historical and the Biblical.

Ras Kass was the first person to tell me Yahshua Ben Yosef was His name and He was not white, this is when I realized deception and manipulation is the name of the game in religion, politics, education, entertainment, law, economics. Crazy it took a rap song to stimulate my thought process, but that's why I try to encourage people read the Holy Bible to dig deeper, a lot do not want to and usually feel it is not necessary.

I follow the same thinking as you, important to learn as much as you can...I suspect a lot of believers only know "Bible stories." This is a big reason why we are not as conservative as Muslims or Islams in regards to our faith, and our faith is becoming even more liberal. Without details our belief becomes distant, abstract, and vague...which proves to be dangerous.

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
Nice thread, I appreciate Bible study without interpretation and focuses on both the historical & the literal.

Ignoring the customs of different Ancient Nations (especially Hellenic in regards to the New Testament) makes the Bible hard to understand.

I can understand why your family disowned...the same way I can see Ras Kass' Nature of the Threat shakes up Christians as it showed pointed out the paganism in our faith. Not many Christians would receive you (@Chez Lopez ) or Ras Kass very well, I received Ras Kass very well, cause it made me focus on both the Historical and the Biblical.

Ras Kass was the first person to tell me Yahshua Ben Yosef was His name and He was not white, this is when I realized deception and manipulation is the name of the game in religion, politics, education, entertainment, law, economics. Crazy it took a rap song to stimulate my thought process, but that's why I try to encourage people read the Holy Bible to dig deeper, a lot do not want to and usually feel it is not necessary.

I follow the same thinking as you, important to learn as much as you can...I suspect a lot of believers only know "Bible stories." This is a big reason why we are not as conservative as Muslims or Islams in regards to our faith, and our faith is becoming even more liberal. Without details our belief becomes distant, abstract, and vague...which proves to be dangerous.
I agree. I now wear traditional garments instead of nikes and cargo shorts. Lol, people think im a muslim until I explain to them that the Messiah dressed the same way. There are commandments which specify a dress code, with tassels and fringes, and I want to set an example for 'fleeing babylon' both internally and externally.

Id like to argue a creation explanation. The story of noah in barashyth (genesis) states that the entire world flooded and all people on earth were killed except eight. This is literally what happened and I can explain why. People have heard of the super continent pangea, right? the Continent that existed from the unification of all of the land masses, as they fit together like a puzzle. it would then make sense that the continent pangea is not millions of years old, as geographers state, as we know catastrophic events can change land mass overnight (supervolcanos, earthquakes etc). The flood was over the whole world because the whole world was in one central spot on the earth.

This is proven by biblical evidence as well as 'mythology' from other religions, indeed ALL other religions, as every religion on the planet (even American Indians) have a flood story. The greeks called the super continent 'that sank into the ocean' Atlantis. The story of Atlantis is the story of the pre-flood world of Enoch, Methuselah and Noah. This is proven TWICE in scripture where the bible states in genesis 10 and 1 chronicles 1 that a son of Eber, Peleg, was named when the 'earth was divided'. The Hebrew word Peleg literally means division, earthquake and to form channels of water. Thus we find that atlantis, pangea and the antediluvian world of noah are one in the same.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
my brothers i have a question. is this man by the name of Dr.Barashango ''right" about ancient Kemet being there 18,000 years before the Hebrew bible? and how everything in the Hebrew bible was copied from ancient Kemet before the birth of the prophet Moses. is he right about
Alkebulan being the original name for Africa? please watch 55 minutes of the video my brothers.

@Chez Lopez
@Marvel
@ReturnOfJudah

Side Note: all the prophets in the bible were black.

is he right? :jbhmm:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Havent seen the movie, I don too much watch any of the satanic Hollywood anymore. but Jupiter is the name of the devil so even the title reveals a lot. many ppl get caught up in the deception but don't focus ont he scriptures. In order to decipher being scripturally literate is a requirement. Im reading gligamesh and the odessey and they are basically the same thing as these movies, satanic propaganda.
Book of Mark was structured around Homers Odyssey

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I agree. I now wear traditional garments instead of nikes and cargo shorts. Lol, people think im a muslim until I explain to them that the Messiah dressed the same way. There are commandments which specify a dress code, with tassels and fringes, and I want to set an example for 'fleeing babylon' both internally and externally.

Id like to argue a creation explanation. The story of noah in barashyth (genesis) states that the entire world flooded and all people on earth were killed except eight. This is literally what happened and I can explain why. People have heard of the super continent pangea, right? the Continent that existed from the unification of all of the land masses, as they fit together like a puzzle. it would then make sense that the continent pangea is not millions of years old, as geographers state, as we know catastrophic events can change land mass overnight (supervolcanos, earthquakes etc). The flood was over the whole world because the whole world was in one central spot on the earth.

This is proven by biblical evidence as well as 'mythology' from other religions, indeed ALL other religions, as every religion on the planet (even American Indians) have a flood story. The greeks called the super continent 'that sank into the ocean' Atlantis. The story of Atlantis is the story of the pre-flood world of Enoch, Methuselah and Noah. This is proven TWICE in scripture where the bible states in genesis 10 and 1 chronicles 1 that a son of Eber, Peleg, was named when the 'earth was divided'. The Hebrew word Peleg literally means division, earthquake and to form channels of water. Thus we find that atlantis, pangea and the antediluvian world of noah are one in the same.
Breh some of what you say i agree with but this post is over the top. I think youre taking the bible way too literally.

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
Book of Mark was structured around Homers Odyssey
lol no.
Breh some of what you say i agree with but this post is over the top. I think youre taking the bible way too literally.
the bible is both literal and figurative, neither superseding the other. for some strange reason people are brainwashed into disregarding biblical truth and supplanting it with every other kind of narrative: greek, Egyptian, 'scientific, anything other than the oldest continuous, validated and successful book on the face of the earth. hmmm....wonder why that is.

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
my brothers i have a question. is this man by the name of Dr.Barashango ''right" about ancient Kemet being there 18,000 years before the Hebrew bible? and how everything in the Hebrew bible was copied from ancient Kemet before the birth of the prophet Moses. is he right about
Alkebulan being the original name for Africa? please watch 55 minutes of the video my brothers.

@Chez Lopez
@Marvel
@ReturnOfJudah

Side Note: all the prophets in the bible were black.

is he right? :jbhmm:

Havent watched the video, but the word Africa is a Roman term, in latin, in reference to the people group consisting of North Africa. The north Africans, are semetic in origin in every spot, including Egypt. The word Africa is Afri-ca, which means in latin the people of afri or Afari. This is a Hebrew word which means dust, turban or dirt. The word 'Ephraim' in Hebrew is a term attributed to the Ten tribes who were originally separated from Israel and is a derivative of the name of a son of Joseph. Ephraim, pronounced correctly in its ancient Hebrew is 'Afraim' which translated directly to Africa. These north Africans ranged all the way from Israel, down through north Africa and then up into spain and Europe (Since spain is only 11 miles from Algeria, north Africa). This is why spain is known as the Iberian peninsula. Iberian is actually Eberian or Aberian, which is a derivative of the Hebrew word Eber, where we get the name Hebrew. The entire ancient world was black, and ruled by blacks from England to Russian, from Egypt to india, in the same way that whites today are world conquerors so were blacks in ancient times. Many different people groups emerged from this world wide dominance, one was Egypt. Since they all come from the same place, there will be a preponderance of similarities, but these similarities cannot determine who is right or wrong. What determines this is the Deity who can predict the end from the beginning, which scripture time and time again has proven.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
lol no.

the bible is both literal and figurative, neither superseding the other. for some strange reason people are brainwashed into disregarding biblical truth and supplanting it with every other kind of narrative: greek, Egyptian, 'scientific, anything other than the oldest continuous, validated and successful book on the face of the earth. hmmm....wonder why that is.
There is info out there that puts Mark up to the Odyssey and shows that Mark was patterned after Odyssey.not saying those things didnt happen in Mark but that the jews back then were very good at writing and using literary allusions.

I think its 50/50 on literal/figurative. But i think in your post that i had quoted that your taling those parts too literal

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
There is info out there that puts Mark up to the Odyssey and shows that Mark was patterned after Odyssey.not saying those things didnt happen in Mark but that the jews back then were very good at writing and using literary allusions.

I think its 50/50 on literal/figurative. But i think in your post that i had quoted that your taling those parts too literal
I am not talking about opinions or *allusions. it is an absolute fact that mark is not the odessey. you would have to understand the history of the Hebrews and the greeks to understand that greek culture does not overshadow Hebrew culture, so Hebrews would never borrow from greek. it was quite the other way around. The greeks were a pitiful nation at the time of homers odyssey, and the Hebrews at that time ruled the entire Mediterranean area east. This is the time of David and Solomon, when the odyssey was written, so supplanting inferior and young greek history over ancient and more powerful Hebrew history to a Hebrew Messiah is absolutely nonsensical. In fact Alexander the great sought out the Hebrew scriptures personally and his successors built the library at Alexandria and hired seventy Hebrew scholars to translate the bible into greek (the Septuagint). You just don't see it the other way around, ever. Romans and greeks alike idolized the antiquity of Hebrew and Egyptian culture, because in the old days older was better, ancient narrative conquered contemporary narrative.

Soon

Banned
Daps

I can see if we was talking about the Gospel of John, which took many literary licenses, a very interesting text. Also you have somequestionable texts in the Bible which are Epheisans, Colossians, Thessalonians, Timothy, and Titus that were not written by St. Paul.

But the Gospel of Mark does not fall in this category, between the codices found in 1945 and the Dead Sea Scrolls found after, it gives us a very good idea about the credibility of the Gospel of Mark versus the other Gospels. To say Jesus was Homer is pretty outrageous, considering Jesus was actually living and breathing.

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I can see if we was talking about the Gospel of John, which took many literary licenses, a very interesting text. Also you have somequestionable texts in the Bible which are Epheisans, Colossians, Thessalonians, Timothy, and Titus that were not written by St. Paul.

But the Gospel of Mark does not fall in this category, between the codices found in 1945 and the Dead Sea Scrolls found after, it gives us a very good idea about the credibility of the Gospel of Mark versus the other Gospels. To say Jesus was Homer is pretty outrageous, considering Jesus was actually living and breathing.
You went way left field with that post. 1) I said Gospel of Mark was written using the narrative of the Odyssey as the skeleton. Jesus isn't Homer (an author :wtf:) in the Gospel of Mark. 2) I specifically stated that Jesus probably did exist and most of those things in the Gospel may have happened. 3) This subject has been written about extensively. Check these books: http://www.amazon.com/Homeric-Epics-Gospel-Mark/dp/0300080123/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442781283&sr=8-1&keywords=Gospel+of+Mark+Homer+Odyssey