Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
To piggy bag on that Carol discussion, what are yall's top 5 superheroines?

I mean characters that yall actually F with off the strength of their own merit and not, for example, b/c she's simply dating/fukkin a favorite male character of yours.

Jenny Sparks is in my top 5 favorite comic characters of all time.
jenny05.jpg

Jakita Wagner

jakita-wagner.jpg

America Chavez should be a muthafukkin star. Marvel is simply on that bullshyt.

america-cd_copy-960.png

Jen Walters/She-Hulk: Marvel has been crying for years over not having a Wonder Woman counterpart to market to female fans. Here, you have a down to earth highly intelligent witty and funny snarky fungirl with self esteem issues who feels more comfortable in her "make-up" and has a history of fukking "questionable" nikkas (juggernaut) but doesn't question it unless it's brought up.

If that's not relatable to the modern woman then I don't know what the fukk is.

The REALLY horrible part of it is casual comic fans think she runs around screaming "She Hulk SMASH!!!!"

background.jpg

WildStorm's Nemesis: Sometimes it's not so much an "era" that makes a comic's Golden Age as it is a storyline or dangling plot threads. Between Ellis renovating Wildstorm with Stormwatch/The Authority/Planetary and their "End of the World" story line more than a decade later... Nemesis.

She was the central character in the end of it all and never got her chance to actually shine. Bonus points for having one of my all time favorite costumes.

3543367-1180381683-tumbl.jpg

wildcats_nemesis_wildstorm_comics_heroes_hd-wallpaper-88160.jpg

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
America Chavez should be a muthafukkin star. Marvel is simply on that bullshyt.

america-cd_copy-960.png

That reminds me, was she always a lesbian? Maybe it's because in TAS they also had that forced ass LGBT wedding between Max Modell and his partner because I can't honestly remember if she was lesbian or they just made her one because it's the cool, hip thing to do now.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
That reminds me, was she always a lesbian? Maybe it's because in TAS they also had that forced ass LGBT wedding between Max Modell and his partner because I can't honestly remember if she was lesbian or they just made her one because it's the cool, hip thing to do now.

It was sorta kinda implied in Young Avengers.