Essential The Official Comic Book Discussion Thread [Support @Neuromancer’s book!]

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
:pachaha:

I actually was buying Young Avengers the first dozen issues. Never got around to finishing it...

it only lasted 15 issues. lol

Huh. You mean prodigy ? Idc they made him gay I wish Him and patriot were used more though

Yeah, they could still use him. He lost his powers during M-Day, but still has all the knowledge and skills of everyone he ever copied powers from.

So intelligence and fighting wise, he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any number of things could be done with a skillset like that. He's really the closest thing to Batman skill and mind wise that Marvel has.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it only lasted 15 issues. lol

Yeah, they could still use him. He lost his powers during M-Day, but still has all the knowledge and skills of everyone he ever copied powers from.

So intelligence and fighting wise, he's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any number of things could be done with a skillset like that. He's really the closest thing to Batman skill and mind wise that Marvel has.
But he's not tony stark or reed Richards

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
So is Reed supposed to be smarter than Valeria or what? It always seems like she knows just a little bit more than Reed and maybe even Doom.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
So is Reed supposed to be smarter than Valeria or what? It always seems like she knows just a little bit more than Reed and maybe even Doom.

Thought Valeria was suppose to be smarter than Reed and Doom. But not smarter then the main man THE MAKER

Also that Prodigy shyt was stupid and would you have even wanted them to use Patriot :usure:

Rather have dude become a 616 ver of that ultimate liberator dude with the dual lightsaber :skip:

Only time we're seein Prodigy again is when they need some more of those early 2000 young x-men to kill off. Didn't they just kill Exilir's ass off :skip:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
America Chavez should be a muthafukkin star. Marvel is simply on that bullshyt.

america-cd_copy-960.png

Isn't she in the Ultimates? As long as they don't kill her off or do any shyt stories with her.. she should be good.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Don't confuse me with whatever it is all you/those MCU-DCU fanboys are doing with each other in those movie threads. Idgaf and am strictly talkin about the anti-diversity crying.

DC had some recent controversy with the alleged "no more bat-girling" rumors that was reported a few weeks ago, that's what I'm referring to in regards to their attempts.

What are you talking about?
The whole "Batgirling" thing was some bullshyt made up by Rich Johnston at Bleeding Cool and the rumor about DC ordering "No More Batgirling" was from him too with his only proof being that Bruce Wayne was going to be eventually coming back as Batman and Superman was going to get his full powers back and stop wearing jeans and a t-shirt as a costume.
Batgirl is still the same and so are a grip of other books like Black Canary, Bizarro, Bat-Mite that were given the mandate to tell stories the creators wanted to tell without being beholden to strict continuity. All that has happened is that some books that were really low sellers have been cancelled.
Hell Prez is still alive.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What are you talking about?
I'm not sure what you're talking about... well i do from a technical standpoint -a brief history of no more batgirling- i'm just indifferent to it b/c there wasn't a point of contention there.

i.e. The poor reception and sales to some of the DCU initiative had tin foil hat fans running wild with the no more bat girling rumors thinkin the sky was falling on the whole initiative. Other ppl were telling them to STFU b/c with Star Wars and Secret Wars, they felt Marvel was going to be dominating sales regardless and the sky wasn't falling. I don't believe Marvel's stronghold on sales will dip with ANAD or that reception will be that bad months in or that they'll be any "no more spider-gwening" troll rumors that pick up steam as a result. That was the crux of what i was talking about.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I have a dope story for a Darkseid/Thanos crossover.

It's scattered thoughts so far, but if I took the time. :wow:

I would ask you to drop some tidbits, but it's one of the worst feelings in the world to spell out an idea on a message board only to see it show up 4 months down the road.

funny how that never happens in TSC though.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not sure what you're talking about... well i do from a technical standpoint -a brief history of no more batgirling- i'm just indifferent to it b/c there wasn't a point of contention there.

i.e. The poor reception and sales to some of the DCU initiative had tin foil hat fans running wild with the no more bat girling rumors thinkin the sky was falling on the whole initiative. Other ppl were telling them to STFU b/c with Star Wars and Secret Wars, they felt Marvel was going to be dominating sales regardless and the sky wasn't falling. I don't believe Marvel's stronghold on sales will dip with ANAD or that reception will be that bad months in or that they'll be any "no more spider-gwening" troll rumors that pick up steam as a result. That was the crux of what i was talking about.
What exactly does no more batgirling mean

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
What exactly does no more batgirling mean
Essentially, they made a big change to the overall tone and nature of the batgirl book to where it went from relatively dark and gritty to very light hearted, girly and perhaps archie (or ms marvel-ish) in tone... and it became somewhat of a hit or very well received.

So some ppl looked at the concurring changes to tshirt superman, batgordon and a few other changes as 'batgirling' those titles to try and create that same lighting in a bottle via radical change

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Essentially, they made a big change to the overall tone and nature of the batgirl book to where it went from relatively dark and gritty to very light hearted, girly and perhaps archie (or ms marvel-ish) in tone... and it became somewhat of a hit or very well received.

So some ppl looked at the concurring changes to tshirt superman, batgordon and a few other changes as 'batgirling' those titles to try and create that same lighting in a bottle via radical change
Ohh that's what I thought . But I didn't know batgirl was a success .