The Official E-Commerce/Website Business Advice Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So,

I started a site for my hobby about a year ago and didn't really put much effort into the site yet was still getting a little bit of revenue and some traffic when I expected none.
I did a redesign of my site theme and now I am averaging about 1000 view per day and growing.
I already have Google ads on my site but what are other ads and affiliate programs that are good ways to monetize?

Person I bought a Fivver gig gave me this info:

If you do not have Google Adsense, you can always apply to the following affiliate networks.

www.cj.com
www.shareasale.com
www.clickbank.com
www.cpagrip.com

The above affiliate networks are all free to join. Once accepted shop around for merchants that will approve you to promote their products.

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Im not sure if this is any way translatable but how I generated traffic kind of ties into my hobby. So, I am a basketball scout in my spare time. I go to games, record them, edit them by player and upload them to my site and youtube as well as writing articles and scouting reports.

The benefit of this is that the kids I scout come across the content and share it with their friends and families on Twitter/FB. These athletes usually have 1000s of followers so you can see how that basically creates my traffic.

If I were you, find big social media accounts for POC/Black folks that center on art + clothing and get them to share your product. But don't have them just do it once, continue to show love and always be updating them on your products so they will be prone to share your site on a semi-routine basis. Connections.
What's your site/youtube/twitter?

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Im not sure if this is any way translatable but how I generated traffic kind of ties into my hobby. So, I am a basketball scout in my spare time. I go to games, record them, edit them by player and upload them to my site and youtube as well as writing articles and scouting reports.

The benefit of this is that the kids I scout come across the content and share it with their friends and families on Twitter/FB. These athletes usually have 1000s of followers so you can see how that basically creates my traffic.

If I were you, find big social media accounts for POC/Black folks that center on art + clothing and get them to share your product. But don't have them just do it once, continue to show love and always be updating them on your products so they will be prone to share your site on a semi-routine basis. Connections.
What level? Is it college by any chance?

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Theoretically, the more pages you have, the more ad revenue you should bring in, correct?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Theoretically, the more pages you have, the more ad revenue you should bring in, correct?
Yeah the way it was explained to me was the more pages your website has, the more your website will show up in Google (& other search engines) search results.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Yeah the way it was explained to me was the more pages your website has, the more your website will show up in Google (& other search engines) search results.

I need my developer to hurry up with my database :wow:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Also, is worth using fiverr to hire people to do my SEO or any of the other online marketing they offer? Does that stuff really work. I'm kind of skeptical because fiverr sucks for graphic design.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Also, is worth using fiverr to hire people to do my SEO or any of the other online marketing they offer? Does that stuff really work. I'm kind of skeptical because fiverr sucks for graphic design.
When you buy a Fiverr gig, you're paying someone to do freelance work for you. So the quality of the work depends on the person you buy the Fiverr gig from. So you should definitely ask for samples whenever possible from someone you considering buying a Fiverr gig from.

@Jay Darko You gotta anymore tips/info for folks who are interested in Fiverr gigs?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

So I finally finished my first batch of T-shirts... the Next batch goes on sale starting in a bout 2 weeks on saturday... :youngsabo:

Got my book FINALLY added to Itunes!!!! :banderas: bout to also sign up on bublish which can help me expand... So if y'all interested in a shirt, it's $20... GoogleWallet or Paypal...