Essential The Official MMA Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tuesday Night Contender last night started slow but was great for the last three fights (five total matches). The slow fights got a boost from Snoopcast being hilarious too. O'Malley and Than Le both looked legit (O'Malley got a contract and well deserved off a really nice KO), Daniel Spohn had a nice comeback too. I was skeptical of the series but it's not bad. Snoop and Faber got me laughing and the fights have had some interesting prospects.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Tuesday Night Contender last night started slow but was great for the last three fights (five total matches). The slow fights got a boost from Snoopcast being hilarious too. O'Malley and Than Le both looked legit (O'Malley got a contract and well deserved off a really nice KO), Daniel Spohn had a nice comeback too. I was skeptical of the series but it's not bad. Snoop and Faber got me laughing and the fights have had some interesting prospects.
well deserved? That's the part about the show that makes me wince. So because o Malleys yelled at Dana, already has a lame nickname, has less defense and his fight was more wild he deserves a contract over le who got a finish too but was measured in his approach? I don't feel bad for le tho at the end when they are all giving each other a pound he was just sitting with his phone like an arrogant anti social c*nt..

If I was the Latinos fam I would wait for big John in the parking lot, whether he was right or wrong he single handedly ended that Hispanics dream

The way I see it, if TUF was to go away this would be it's natural successor only thing I don't like is how they quantify who makes it and who needs to comeback for another fight

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
well deserved? That's the part about the show that makes me wince. So because o Malleys yelled at Dana, already has a lame nickname, has less defense and his fight was more wild he deserves a contract over le who got a finish too but was measured in his approach? I don't feel bad for le tho at the end when they are all giving each other a pound he was just sitting with his phone like an arrogant anti social c*nt..

I'd say the pace he set was the difference maker moreso than yelling (also, if you've seen footage of him prior to this opportunity he's a closer). Thanh Le was throwing strikes one or two at a time for the most part, following up those kicks earlier could have made for quicker and even more impressive results. It also helped O'Malley had a game opponent, so the exchanges were available...Team Edmond gives us another no head movement opponent for highlight KO's.

If I was the Latinos fam I would wait for big John in the parking lot, whether he was right or wrong he single handedly ended that Hispanics dream

There were more than one shots to the back of the head. I didn't think the point deduction was right without any warnings but the pause was necessary, the hits to the back of the head were blatant.

The way I see it, if TUF was to go away this would be it's natural successor only thing I don't like is how they quantify who makes it and who needs to comeback for another fight

I think this is perfect to replace it as well. I'd switch the format so that fights are in the same weight classes too, that way on return fights these guys would fight people the fans have definitely seen on previous cards. How they choose fighters is a mystery to me too; I thought the dude who got a callback last week deserved a UFC fight and same with Thanh Le. I'd also have given that HW a look because that division is so light.