The Rock got his own "Fast and Furious" movie coming (not Fast 11 or Hobbs/Shaw 2)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Dwayne has been finessing the movie business long enough. His luck may have run out.

The age of action stars with average acting talent, taking over the Box Office is pretty much over nowadays. Tom Cruise is basically the last man standing. For The Rock to succeed with his style, he needs to reign in the budgets for his films. Keep it 150M and under.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Funny how the 2 movies without vin sure didn’t light box office up still made profit but we’re still liked more than 8,9,10
2 fast 2 furious
Tokyo drift
What it says is vin isn’t needed and Paul is sorely missed cuz of his balance to vins character

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Dwayne has been finessing the movie business long enough. His luck may have run out.

He's been in this game too long to not have at least one signature series or role. His handlers have made very poor decisions about his career trajectory. I'm not going to call him the greatest actor but he has enough charisma to get by. It's crazy how both him and Will Smith got sent running back to old familiar roles they didn't seem to care to touch when they thought they could do better (Will going back to Bad Boys when it wasn't a priority anymore before that flop with his son Rock going back to the house that Vin made).

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
He's been in this game too long to not have at least one signature series or role. His handlers have made very poor decisions about his career trajectory. I'm not going to call him the greatest actor but he has enough charisma to get by. It's crazy how both him and Will Smith got sent running back to old familiar roles they didn't seem to care to touch when they thought they could do better (Will going back to Bad Boys when it wasn't a priority anymore before that flop with his son Rock going back to the house that Vin made).

Yea, can you believe Fast Five came out in 2011? Dwayne was overdue for a signature series 10 years ago back when he still had the youthful seasoned action star look. Granted, he was actively pursuing MCU (Luke Cage) and DC (John Stewart) roles to no avail before sitting on the BA project for what felt like too long. During that waiting period he wasted the remaining window as a "young" star on Hercules, Baywatch, GI Joe, and Kevin Hart team-ups.

At least with Will Smith (and Tom Cruise) they check-marked signature series' in their 20s and 30s (MiB, Bad Boys, I am Legend, Top Gun, Mission Impossible, etc.,) so them running back to their greatest hits in their 50s for nostalgia cash grabs (playing the old man role) isn't as glaring as seeing Rock still pursuing his first signature at 51.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He needed a movie franchise to call his. He’s 51 and it might be too late. He needs to pick better movies and roles too. I don’t understand how you’ve been in Hollywood as long as him and still not have a signature performance. His box office numbers are fu fu too. Look at his numbers when he’s the leading man :hubie:

And I say this as a fan. (Look at the avi)

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

AFTER WATCHING FAST X PT 1...

I CANT SEE THIS MOIVE
NOT BEING PT 2 OF THE 3
MOVIES.

IT ALSO HAS TO BE