The Rock got his own "Fast and Furious" movie coming (not Fast 11 or Hobbs/Shaw 2)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Rock worked a deal to only come back to Fast X if he also got his own movie in the franchise with his company producing it:leon:

After the surprise tease at the end of Fast X, Universal is making it official: Dwayne Johnson is back for another Fast and Furious movie.

Johnson will star in an untitled Fast project, Universal and Johnson announced Thursday. Fast mainstay Chris Morgan penned the script. The return is a major reversal for the star who had insisted, repeatedly, that he was done with the action movie series after clashing with Fast headliner Vin Diesel.

The new project is also a franchise return for Morgan, who sat out F9 and Fast X but penned six of the main franchise movies as well as the 2019 spin-off, Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw, which starred Johnson and Jason Statham.

Johnson will also produce this Fast project with his Seven Bucks Productions partners Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Interestingly, joining Johnson on the producers list is Fast star and steward Diesel, who will produce with Samantha Vincent via their One Race company. (The producers are clearly taking the franchise’ theme of “family” to heart as Dany Garcia is Johnson’s ex-wife while Hiram Garcia is Dany’s brother and Johnson’s ex-brother-in-law. Samantha Vincent is Diesel’s sister.)

Also producing are Morgan for his Chris Morgan Productions, Jeff Kirschenbaum for Roth/Kirschenbaum Films, and Neal Moritz for Original Film.

This new movie is not a spin-off a la Hobbs and Shaw, nor is it a Fast 11 or Fast 12. Rather, sources say, the movie will act as a bridging chapter between Fast X and Fast 11, more of a Fast X.5, if you will. It is expected to star other Fast actors as well.

But fans shouldn’t get too excited about on an-screen reunion between Johnson and Diesel just yet. Sources also say that Diesel is not expected to star in this side chapter, although nothing is being ruled out for future projects.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Rock stay scheming on Vin :russ: Wish they’d just set up Hobbs vs. Toretto and let them scrap for real :pachaha:
I rewatched Fast Five a few weeks ago and I forgot how brutal that fight was.

They were trying to take each other out with a giant wrench. :picard:

EDIT - The Rock did the Superman punch at about 45 seconds in.

Last edited:

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Lmao

Like I said i’m 99% sure this was negotiated WELL in advance of his returning. Vin would definitely know about it as he’s a producer of the entire franchise
No doubt. Rock is about his business and Vin is the final boss of the franchise. It’s hilarious how they seemingly begrudgingly make money together though :heh:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
It doesn’t make sense if its not Hobbs & Shaw because they had a whole new team set up for them.

But now we know THIS was the condition for him to return to the franchise
Hobbs and Shaw is dead. It was a major sticking point between Vin/Rock.

The beef between Rock/Vin is:
-Everyone agrees a Rock led spin-off of Fast makes will make money for everyone.
-Vin wants his piece and creative control
-Rock says fukk all that and then uses his leverage in Hollywood to basically create his own franchise outside of Fast, but without Vin. There's a split there the main Fast roster all side with Vin and don't participate in Hobbs/Shaw, which goes a way to killing it's legitimacy in the Fast Universe.
-Hobbs and Shaw isn't quite a home run. It does solid but it's clear the Fast link is necessary
-Rock has his DC adventure and flop
-Rock is way more accommodating for Vin getting creative presence and a slice to get back into the franchise so it can give him a proper spinoff.