The Rock got his own "Fast and Furious" movie coming (not Fast 11 or Hobbs/Shaw 2)

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hobbs and Shaw is dead. It was a major sticking point between Vin/Rock.

The beef between Rock/Vin is:
-Everyone agrees a Rock led spin-off of Fast makes will make money for everyone.
-Vin wants his piece and creative control
-Rock says fukk all that and then uses his leverage in Hollywood to basically create his own franchise outside of Fast, but without Vin. There's a split there the main Fast roster all side with Vin and don't participate in Hobbs/Shaw, which goes a way to killing it's legitimacy in the Fast Universe.
-Hobbs and Shaw isn't quite a home run. It does solid but it's clear the Fast link is necessary
-Rock has his DC adventure and flop
-Rock is way more accommodating for Vin getting creative presence and a slice to get back into the franchise so it can give him a proper spinoff.
Dont forget Hobbs n Shaw pushed back the release date for Fast 9 since Universal decided to fast track that instead

DaStangMan

Rookie
Daps
well he had a massive fail with DC caving in on him so I'm sure that played a role in him squashing the beef with Vin Diesel and keeping himself attached to a big franchise

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Vin is a producer of the new movie. Meaning he has creative say so and he gonna get PAID

And I bet he’ll more than likely pop up in the film too. Especially since its a “bridge” between 10 and 11

Vin hinted at this two weeks ago when he was teasing a “third” film. This is that third film.
Ehhhh it could be a situation of where he’s a producer in name only and not involved in any creative aspects of the film. Still gets paid either way.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Ehhhh it could be a situation of where he’s a producer in name only and not involved in any creative aspects of the film. Still gets paid either way.

From all reports he has a firm grasp and major influence on the entire franchise. It was one of the initial sticking points between him and The Rock. The Rock wanted a Hobbs & Shaw post credit scene attached to Fast 8 and Vin nixed it. Its also a reason why Justin Lin quit in the midst of filming fast X because Vin was demanding rewrites at the last minute, showing up late to set, and basically throwing his weight around

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Vin is a producer of the new movie. Meaning he has creative say so and he gonna get PAID

And I bet he’ll more than likely pop up in the film too. Especially since its a “bridge” between 10 and 11

Vin hinted at this two weeks ago when he was teasing a “third” film. This is that third film.

I’m very familiar with the producer role. There is zero debate from me that Vin cakes off anything F&F and likely has say in the direction of anything in the franchise.

I’m only speaking of the on screen characters. If this article is to be believed, he’s not sharing screen time with Vin in the next Hobbs flick just like he didn’t in Hobbs & Shaw. In just about any way that’s probably a win for Rock given how DC worked out.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
From all reports he has a firm grasp and major influence on the entire franchise. It was one of the initial sticking points between him and The Rock. The Rock wanted a Hobbs & Shaw post credit scene attached to Fast 8 and Vin nixed it. Its also a reason why Justin Lin quit in the midst of filming fast X because Vin was demanding rewrites at the last minute, showing up late to set, and basically throwing his weight around
I still don't see The Rock getting his own separate film or coming back at all without some sort of agreement between him and Vin that he won't dictate every aspect of this film.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I still don't see The Rock getting his own separate film or coming back at all without some sort of agreement between him and Vin that he won't dictate every aspect of this film.

He’s not dictating EVERY aspect as he’s a producer ALONGSIDE The Rock but this stand alone film is a bridge between X and 11 and Vin has a huge amount of say in the story for both films meaning that for continuity reasons Vin would naturally have a say in shaping the story for this spinoff, meaning which characters pop up for cameos, how Dante is dealt with, how Hobbs is reintroduced into the “family” after being absent for 2 films, shyt like that.

He wouldn’t be on set every day barking orders or telling the Rock how to deliver lines, it would have already been handled from the conceptual stage