The top fastest growing middle/upper middle class Black areas

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Expected a lot of Maryland

Maryland is a mix. I think MD is the highest concentration of upper middle class Black folk in the country. But PG is full and people are starting to move to Charles, Howard, Anne Arundel, and even Frederick. Silver Spring etc. also only growing at a slow rate. But those areas outside of PG and Charles that see a large growth in Black residents are seeing a large growth in non-Black residents as well (maybe fleeing housing costs) so the overall character of those areas hasn't changed much. I think the high housing costs in the DMV are partially deterring in-migration though that is a theory.

I could do another thread on areas with previously no Black folks that have a fast growing population---though no where near a majority--like the ones shown here.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Mississippi has a very high black population and a great job market, y’all gotta stop watching so many movies.

My comment on MS was half jokes---I got fam in Jackson--but the bad press they get hurts getting more people to go there as compared to other parts of the South. I would def be happy if we took over; it has one of the highest ratios of Black population in the country.

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

George & Weezy

:hula:

James & Florida

full

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
:childplease:

Wait. You speaking on Hinds County Mississippi, but touting Cordova, Tennessee, which is in Shelby County, Tennessee.. Memphis. is in Shelby County Tennessee. Well guess what? Shelby County and Memphis borders the State of Mississippi.

I been to Southaven, MS plenty of times breh and have family in Jackson. I should learn more about the state but it was mad sparse outside of Jackson when I traveled through. Georgia was like that when Atlanta first got popping so I will give it another decade to fill out.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I been to Southaven, MS plenty of times breh and have family in Jackson. I should learn more about the state but it was mad sparse outside of Jackson when I traveled through. Georgia was like that when Atlanta first got popping so I will give it another decade to fill out.
I get it. Memphis is literally considered Northern Mississippi though.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Nice writeup :ehh:

Douglas has one limitation almost all other points of the compass don't: limited access points for ingress/egress to/from the city. That's due to the river. The crossing points are few to begin with, and those that exist haven't been developed to keep pace with the population growth. That means when rush hour traffic hits, it's like trying to thread a needle with a submarine. Knowing the non-highway options for getting around won't help you if there aren't enough of them to matter.

If your living/business/school requirements are all out that way, then there's all sort of possibilities. If easy access to the city is a necessary variable, stay east of the river.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
Mississippi has a very high black population and a great job market, y’all gotta stop watching so many movies.
Idk breh. As a Northern cat, it was impressed upon us that there is the "South" and then there is Mississippi. Idk if we're far enough removed :patrice:

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cordova, TN :whoo:

What happened to Texas?

I do know a lot of Mexicans are flooding the zone of these once Black Middle Classes neighborhoods in Texas. :manny: