"The Villain" Marty Scurll Makes Surprise Appearance At NWA "Into The Fire" PPV

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Meltzer teased this the other day but this is probably a short term run before joining AEW.

Tommy Lee Jones

All Star
Daps
2 weeks ago i saw something that said khan didnt wana put big $ up for marty...but i brushed it off

Nwa films like 4 episodes back to back

So no clue what this means
prob still offer him more than nwa. it's all about timing and he's smart to not go to AEW just yet while they are still figuring shyt out.

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
2 weeks ago i saw something that said khan didnt wana put big $ up for marty...but i brushed it off

Nwa films like 4 episodes back to back

So no clue what this means

Yea I read about your boy Khan kinda having buyers remorse with giving out some of em big money offers, said he’s gonna chill on that for awhile.

I feel the Elite will look after Marty though. Once they get shyt ironed out they’ll be prepping Skrull for that big AEW debut. Personally I feel they need to wait until Revolution in Chicago in late-February to kick out his debut :banderas:

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
People forget NWA is paid entirely out of Billy Corgan's pockets too and Corgan got that rockstar money. He can easily afford to throw the bag at an independent talent like Scurll for a single month run and PPV title match.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
It's Austin Aries with Impact - understanding that if you go anywhere else, you're in someone's shadow or you're gonna be too small to be looked at as a big deal.
NWA probably the best place for him. No one to overshadow him, a platform where he can talk and get himself over behind the mic, run short matches with that camera angle not making him look 5'nothing... And Cornette's gone so there's no one to butt heads with. Probably the best situation for dude.

I could see him getting their midcard title within the month.

Austin aries was doing the opposite of what youre saying he did.
he was working practically everywhere in the U.S. and wasn't tied down to impact at all.
he even wrestled at an ROH PPV with the impact championship. not to mention he owned part of the ring warriors promotion, which was on WGN for a hot minute.

as for marty scurl, hes the biggest free agent in the game right now. WWE & AEW are about to put their bids in.

and its a smart move, going to the NWA first, seeing how its a foregone conclusion that hes signing with AEW. not rushing over there may cause them to hike up the price.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
and right on time, the WWE gives Deanna Purazzo a match on raw, out of nowhere.

no coincidence there.:whistle:

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
They’re a couple, last I read.

They been split for a while now.

Even then it ain't like they have a bunch of options in the womens division. They could use some people that ain't doing shyt but house shows in NXT (Charlotte faces Chelsea Green next week) or Natalya/IIconics & just went with 2 of the many stockpiled NXT girls that aren't TV regulars yet.

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
ROH announced its Supercard of Honor show in conjunction with WrestleMania would be on 4/4 in Lakeland, FL, meaning it’ll go head-to-head with NXT Takeover in Tampa. Lakeland is about a 55 minute drive (35 miles) from Tampa). Most notable is that Marty Scurll is listed on the card, along with PCO, Brody King, Flip Gordon, Rush, Dragon Lee, Kenny King Amy Rose, Slex and Session Moth Martina. We had heard Scurll was being offered a better deal than the one Matt Taven signed for. We don’t have it confirmed that he signed it. It’s a great deal as it’s basically WWE main roster money while only working maybe 40 dates per year for ROH and certain unique perks. What will be interesting is how New Japan fits in. New Japan wanted Scurll for the Super J Cup last year and ROH had dates and wouldn’t let him do the tournament, which at the time was a real big deal, enough to where some thought he might leave over it, but things obviously smoothed over quickly since he was working dates without a contract and listening to offers.

Looks like he's staying with ROH & will have the freedom to also do stuff like the NWA & NJPW

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:why:Breh are these wrestlers stupid or something? Like this man had a established brand and he went with a promotion that haven't put asses in seats since The Final Countdown was played through the speakers. They fukked dude with not giving him a title run but he decides to roll with them but allow himself to go out on curfew.