The Wire should've been set in New Orleans

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I can't explain why but I feel like the show would've been a million times better, if that's even possible :mindblown:

The one character missing from the show was the soul of the city. New Orleans could've provided that :ohlawd: Granted, Katrina.... I know :francis:
Negative :ufdup:

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
I feel like the show would've been a million times better, if that's even possible :mindblown:

The one character missing from the show was the soul of the city. New Orleans would've provided that :ohlawd: Granted, Katrina.... I know :francis:

I think you missed the point of the show if you think it shouldn't have been set in Baltimore.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Honestly I feel like the location is the least relevant part of the series. Baltimore was only chosen because of David Simon connection to the city
There were a couple of references like lake trout, the Bmore club conversations between Chris and Snoop, and the accents but it's not like it was a major plot device.
The story could have been set in any major city with a large black population (Philly, Chicago, NO, Atlanta, Detroit, etc). They would have been able to highlight all the same issues, even the white unions controlling the local port for all those cities except for Atlanta I guess

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Funny you talk about this show, I thought I'd give it a chance for the third time a few days ago. Just need to get past the first episodes but that's not easy :francis: shyt is boring as hell.
I'm running back thru it since HBO giving out shyt for free on their app.

You gotta be a detective in your own right to really enjoy it :ehh: Catch the recurring themes, put it together and all :whoo:
Shows set in New Orleans get too caught up in trying to portray the city and they miss out on character development, intriguing storylines, etc.

Examples are Treme and KTown (short lived show on Fox)

Nah I think they could've done it. They showed the ports/importing on season 2, shyt could've gone masterfully.

• Product among locals (Season 1)
  • The ports and all that shyt (Season 2)
  • Mardi Gras, tourist drug economy (Season 3)
  • Same theme for Season 4
  • Season 5... Katrina I guess :skip:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Funny you talk about this show, I thought I'd give it a chance for the third time a few days ago. Just need to get past the first episodes but that's not easy :francis: shyt is boring as hell.

Lord knows I've tried bro. :francis:

I think I got to at least the second season and put it down.

Imma try for a third time soon.:mjlol: