The Wire should've been set in New Orleans

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Funny you talk about this show, I thought I'd give it a chance for the third time a few days ago. Just need to get past the first episodes but that's not easy :francis: shyt is boring as hell.
Honestly I started with season 4. Then season 5. Then went bacc and watched the first 3 in order.

It's like a prequel that way tbh.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Funny you talk about this show, I thought I'd give it a chance for the third time a few days ago. Just need to get past the first episodes but that's not easy :francis: shyt is boring as hell.

The dialogue is what makes this show what it is...the need for constant "action" hinders the development...

Not trying to play you or call you out but a lot of people say the same thing and miss out on a gem

The way this show develops really makes it what it is...slowly but trust me, the action and intensity comes...they have to lay that groundwork first tho, cuz when it moves, it moves

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Shows set in New Orleans get too caught up in trying to portray the city and they miss out on character development, intriguing storylines, etc.

Examples are Treme and KTown (short lived show on Fox)
Ktown was a great show for the short run it had

lead actors were great playing off each other

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I feel like the show would've been a million times better, if that's even possible :mindblown:

The one character missing from the show was the soul of the city. New Orleans would've provided that :ohlawd: Granted, Katrina.... I know :francis:
I think the location worked to help the story. It's a city that people know very little about

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I feel like the show would've been a million times better, if that's even possible :mindblown:

The one character missing from the show was the soul of the city. New Orleans would've provided that :ohlawd: Granted, Katrina.... I know :francis:
If the show had been set anywhere else it woulda have to have been a different show altogether. I think you missed the point of the show. It was about how the drug game, politics and law enforcement are intertwined and it’s effect on working class communities. I think a lack of soul was intentional becuz there usually isn’t much of it in that world

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Son

I have good news for you

David Simon the executive producer of the wire made a TV show called “treme” about the NO neighborhood

it’s legit about the impact of the hurricane and the people in the city

it ran for 4 seasons on HBO in 2010

it started out good, but honestly, that show as all over the place, and it ended with no real closure :manny: