These Boomers got to go:camby: Raekwon N.J. cannabis lounge rejected after church’s objections

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh? Ok.
I see long lines outside of the liquor store when it's about to close.
Addicts post up there begging, some pass out in front depending in location - not to mention shootings and robberies. It's not a false equivalency at all "people walking out stoned". Drunks kill. Alcohol kills. Ok?
He obviously goes to church bruh they wouldn't of did that if it was MC Search :mjpls:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
OblongBlandCassowary-max-1mb.gif

We finally gettin to a place where we not blindly following anything just bc it’s ‘hip hop’

If you really old enough to be a Rae fan, you old enough to not want stuff like this in your neighborhood, and/or to understand why ‘church elders’ wouldn’t

You also would be old enough to realize Raekwon is old enough to be a ‘church elder’ his damn self.
I just think about all the stories raekwon has beating people up and breaking people's limbs. Your past can follow you and these folks arent stupid.

His book explained the kind of energy that would follow wu at venues. Insurance companies alone aren't going to just get on board with that. Hate it had to be him.

Geode

All Star
Daps
I don't blame them. Especially when riff-raff from other (re: :mjpls: ) communities will come there en masse, because they don't want institutions like that in their neighborhoods.

Raekwon in his 50's he's practically a damn boomer himself. Isn't Gen X the "irresponsible group" to hate on, nowadays, anyway?

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
You have to understand A) The Black churches especially ones like Old Presbyterian and Bethany have members who are the upper middle class/rich and hold a lot of sway politically and while Raekwon is rich he won't be able to overcome that.

B) Newark is trying to make downtown Newark more upscale and while I'm sure Raekwon is a solid businessman and has the right people in place. Newark is trying to get away from the image of rappers and what not using Newark as a sort of tax haven for their businesses or as a hideout from the law (fair or not)

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You have to understand A) The Black churches especially ones like Old Presbyterian and Bethany have members who are the upper middle class/rich and hold a lot of sway politically and while Raekwon is rich he won't be able to overcome that.

B) Newark is trying to make downtown Newark more upscale and while I'm sure Raekwon is a solid businessman and has the right people in place. Newark is trying to get away from the image of rappers and what not using Newark as a sort of tax haven for their businesses or as a hideout from the law (fair or not)
Idealism. :laff:

5 years from now they will have fancy corporate and white owned dispensaries everywhere. Toronto is years ahead of Jersey on legalization., It started out the same way. Nobody gives a fukk anymore. Weed stores didn't bring riff raff or devalue neighbourhoods. They are even in malls here. These initial objections will hurt early prospectors.

Last edited:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idealism. :laff:

5 years from now they will.hsvr fancy corporate and white owned dispensaries everywhere. Toronto is years ahead of Jersey on legalization., It started out the same way. Nobody gives a fukk anymore. Weed stores didn't bring riff raff or devalue neighbourhoods. They are even in malls here. These initial objections will hurt early prospectors.
Its crazy how people in this thread are so anti weed they can't see the forest for the trees.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star

But they’re putting dispensaries in Hoboken, which is way more affluent.

Not like the dealers gonna go away either, if people wanna smoke they’re gonna do it

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
You’re comparing the last 30 minutes of a liquor store being open to almost constant long lines. I also noticed you didn’t answer the more important question. Do you think those same people would vote to have a liquor store near them?
I managed a liquor store for way too many years and there’s constant fukkery in parking lots, especially if you in the city. These old nikkas on bullshyt

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Its crazy how people in this thread are so anti weed they can't see the forest for the trees.
They are misguided and think that weed culture that they see is what weed is about. The idea that these stores will bring unwanted energy. Dispensaries are about as harmful as coffee shops.

We have a lot of conservative posters here who seem to not go outside.

Same people will cry about Black folk being boxed out of the weed industry when it was them stopping the businesses with outdated views

:snoop: