These Boomers got to go:camby: Raekwon N.J. cannabis lounge rejected after church’s objections

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I managed a liquor store for way too many years and there’s constant fukkery in parking lots, especially if you in the city. These old nikkas on bullshyt
Stop comparing dispensaries to liquor stores. Night and day. :laff:

Edit. Ok I got it. My bad, you were correcting that comparison

Last edited:

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
If the people don’t want something where they live and worship, you’ve gotta respect it..Thoug

I hate that we get on this Black man shyt as though Raekwon is Magic fukking Johnson or something trying to create economic opportunities for Newark Blacks..If you from where I’m from you know damn well them hood dispensaries and juice bars is where nikkas get shot into t shirts and necklaces..The brother can find a more welcoming location or fukk them on the appeal.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Reefer madness cucks
This was the first thing I thought of when reading that article. Some older folks are still wedded to the fear mongering of weed set in place from back in the day(which was propaganda purposely put in place to stigmatize PoC specifically).

That said it's their community so they have a right to their opinion :manny:

audemarzz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You’re comparing the last 30 minutes of a liquor store being open to almost constant long lines. I also noticed you didn’t answer the more important question. Do you think those same people would vote to have a liquor store near them?
There would be no vote, the liquor store would simply open and they'd have to accept it.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
But they’re putting dispensaries in Hoboken, which is way more affluent.

Not like the dealers gonna go away either, if people wanna smoke they’re gonna do it

I don't disagree but having worked for the city of Newark the boomers and older are the ones who go to the polls on a regular basis.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
New Jersey is just Newark?

:jbhmm:
it's a literal statement. Legalization years.

Toronto 2017
Jersey 2022

it takes a bit of time for shyt to settle is all it meant. we had similar initial hesitations from people... stop being sensitive :scust:

our Province allowed cities to rule if they wanted to allow sale of Cannabis. Virtually all did except Richmond Hill (old cac money) and Markham (old and new Asian money) quite frankly they did to control population more than anything is my guess. Canadians of all walks of like smoke including those that live in those cities, they just buy online or from dispensaries on their outskirts. Our countries Leader has admitted to smoking himself.

Last edited:

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
There would be no vote, the liquor store would simply open and they'd have to accept it.
iight bet, you’re not going to answer the question directly. They’d vote no to opening a liquor store near them. Just because they can’t control one thing they view as negative doesn’t mean they should allow another thing they view negative to happen if they have a choice on it.