• No

Votes: 41 50.0%

• Total voters

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I then started thinking that every good Muslim I know irl has peace of mind. Why's that? They aren't even bothered by the little things I or my friends fret about all day. I just want a simpler life

Gonna research the religion online for a week and then speak to a few people, and then go to a Mosque and speak to the Imam and if by then I'm not 100% convinced I won't convert.

Will report back.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think you should do it. I am a fan of religion, although I don't practice one particular one. I was looking at Buddhism myself, just for the calming aspects of it, chanting, meditation and things like that. I just never put any real action into some true research like visiting a temple or anything. After you have some solid reasons for wanting to convert, talk to your family and friends about it. You may get some resistance, but if you dedicate yourself to it and behave as a "true" Muslim, then they will start to see for themselves. Have you visited any mosques in your area yet?

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think you should do it. I am a fan of religion, although I don't practice one particular one. I was looking at Buddhism myself, just for the calming aspects of it, chanting, meditation and things like that. I just never put any real action into some true research like visiting a temple or anything. After you have some solid reasons for wanting to convert, talk to your family and friends about it. You may get some resistance, but if you dedicate yourself to it and behave as a "true" Muslim, then they will start to see for themselves. Have you visited any mosques in your area yet?
There's a Mosque by my house I was gonna check out on Saturday. I'm busy tommorow so I won't have time but I'm free all day saturday but I'm also scared they won't be open

Are those things even open on Saturday? :lupe:

ChiefQueen

HBIC
Daps
There's a Mosque by my house I was gonna check out on Saturday. I'm busy tommorow so I won't have time but I'm free all day saturday but I'm also scared they won't be open

Are those things even open on Saturday? :lupe:

Um, yes. Mosques are open everyday of the week everywhere and its not only open to those praying but also to everyone else. Also, please be extremely serious about this and have some respect when you decide to visit a mosque.

Guru

1995 -
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Um, yes. Mosques are open everyday of the week everywhere and its not only open to those praying but also to everyone else.
Thanks for the info

Are you muslim? And if you are, what's converting like? Do I gotta get baptised or something similiar like in christianity when they dip you in the water or is it something else.... also whens church serivce? Every sunday? saturday? Thx

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
thinking.gif

I then started thinking that every good Muslim I know irl has peace of mind. Why's that? They aren't even bothered by the little things I or my friends fret about all day. I just want a simpler life

Gonna research the religion online for a week and then speak to a few people, and then go to a Mosque and speak to the Imam and if by then I'm not 100% convinced I won't convert.

Will report back.

:ehh::hubie::ehh:
You your own man, just make sure to study what your interested in.

Not only the religion, but the history of the religion(2 distinct things)

Be sure to make a distinction between Islam(adopting someones religion) and Arabism(adopting someones culture).
Just because your practicing Islam(someones religion) don't mean you gotta start running around in kufi's and kaftans(someones culture)
islamic-summit.jpg

440bcdedc5a844bf45b413827914e20a.jpg

yep.png

Enjoy your self