Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
First they cancelled Young Justice and Green Lantern
then they made Teen Titans Go
Then Justice League Action
now this SHYT .. WTF was that..

Now if the do a He Man : I Have the Power or some other crap .. Im out.. this would be the first channel I cancel when they go ala cart subscriptions

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Now if the do a He Man : I Have the Power or some other crap .. Im out.. this would be the first channel I cancel when they go ala cart subscriptions

Well damn now I’m subscribed to this thread lol

Bottom line, this shyt ain’t for us homie. It’s for kids. Like straight up for kids. They’re not worried about how cats in their 30s or 40s feel about it. They made it for the next gen. That’s why I said I don’t really care or have an opinion. Cartoon Network isn’t worried about me at this point nor should they be.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Bottom line, this shyt ain’t for us homie. It’s for kids. Like straight up for kids. They’re not worried about how cats in their 30s or 40s feel about it. They made it for the next gen. That’s why I said I don’t really care or have an opinion. Cartoon Network isn’t worried about me at this point nor should they be.

BUT THEY'RE DUMBING DOWN THE KIDS MAN... :damn:

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

As a kid I would have hated that shyt after seeing the previous two

That ain’t an excuse

Kids are not a monolith

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

my main thing is if its for kids then develop a kid show in its entirety .... dont water and dumb down a popular character to fit your agenda...
i had no problem with adventure time and steven universe and etc.. original shows for their desired audience...

Imagine if they did a spider-ham show for kids ...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
BUT THEY'RE DUMBING DOWN THE KIDS MAN... :damn:

Maybe so maybe no. Kids have different taste now than we did. Just like we had different taste from our parents. Cycle continues. But kids now are probably smarter than we were at their age because they’ve got more tech at their fingers than we ever thought of.

Plus most of our cartoons were made purely to sell toys and were already dumb as rocks. They created the toys first then made the cartoons as 30 min commercials. I didn’t get smarter watching ninja turtles and I’m sure you didn’t either breh:russ:

There’s always Sesame Street or telling a kid to turn the tv off and go read something :manny:

Like I said, I’m 32. This shyt isn’t for me at all and if Cartoon Network was worried about what a 32 year old thinks of their new cartoon for early elementary or pre-k kids, they’ve got a lot of problems

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
my main thing is if its for kids then develop a kid show in its entirety .... dont water and dumb down a popular character to fit your agenda...
i had no problem with adventure time and steven universe and etc.. original shows for their desired audience...

Imagine if they did a spider-ham show for kids ...

As a kid I would have hated that shyt after seeing the previous two

That ain’t an excuse

Kids are not a monolith

The Spider-Man show on now and the one before it are meh as hell. They’re not even close to being good lol. But I don’t let the shut bother me. I had my Spider-Man shows as a kid. And if I want to watch them I still can. Let the kids now have their time with shyt and have their version and let them be the ones to say if they fukk with it or not. It’s not my place anymore.

It’s nit about it being an excuse of being a monolith. It’s the fact that we’re adults looking at something made for kids trying to say whether it’s good or not or whether it works for us. It’s not supposed to work for us. When the OG thundercats came on I’m pretty sure men in their 30s thought it was dumb as hell and didn’t watch it. shyt my mom thought ninja turtles was stupid. Thought power rangers was stupid too. But she also realized those shows are for her son not her.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The Spider-Man show on now and the one before it are meh as hell. They’re not even close to being good lol. But I don’t let the shut bother me. I had my Spider-Man shows as a kid. And if I want to watch them I still can. Let the kids now have their time with shyt and have their version and let them be the ones to say if they fukk with it or not. It’s not my place anymore.

It’s nit about it being an excuse of being a monolith. It’s the fact that we’re adults looking at something made for kids trying to say whether it’s good or not or whether it works for us. It’s not supposed to work for us. When the OG thundercats came on I’m pretty sure men in their 30s thought it was dumb as hell and didn’t watch it. shyt my mom thought ninja turtles was stupid. Thought power rangers was stupid too. But she also realized those shows are for her son not her.

for starters the OG thundercats premiered at night i believe.. it was for adults..

i ALWAYS though of the power rangers as a fake live action voltron

but i feel you on the cartoons but as a father of a 17/15/6/3 year olds.. and a comic head ... i watch them...

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
for starters the OG thundercats premiered on a Sunday night i believe.. it was for adults..

i ALWAYS though of the power rangers as a fake live action voltron

but i feel you on the cartoons but as a father of a 17/15/6/3 year olds.. and a comic head ... i watch them...
Nah it was for kids man. Do the research. It was to sell toys. That’s it. Everything pushed to us then was for us to beg our parents to buy something. Programming was different then so even if something premiered on a Sunday or Saturday night it didn’t change the target demo. shyt Friday used to be the best night of the week to program tv in the 60s and 70s. Things change.

And yeah I watch some stuff too. I still watch some cartoons but I’m more lenient on them because I realize I’m not the target demo anymore. So as much as I’d like the new Spider-Man cartoon to be better I know it’s not for me. And if I really want dope Spider-Man I’ve got ways to watch it. So I can complain about the new shyt that I don’t like or spend my time watching the older shyt I love :manny:

Same way I feel about ninja turtles. I’ve had two versions of turtles meant for me. Then I had a third that I loved even though I was way outside the target demo. The new shyt coming out doesn’t look like it’s for me at all but I’m cool with that. Keep it going for the next gen who didn’t even watch the three iterations I watched. Give them some shyt to love as much as I loved turtles 30 years ago. And if they don’t love it, a new version will be along for them to love.

parallax

Superstar
Daps

justice league action is dope though

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
@MartyMcFly .. i didnt feel like quoting you

meanwhile my 17 and 15 year old daughters are like daddy you had all the cool shows .. TV sucks now..
I didnt force them to like what i like they just do ..even our kids know quality ..

90s spider man, xmen, spectacular, gargoyles, young justice, batman TAS, hell they even like Adam West batman

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I don’t feel any way about this I didn’t grow up on this shyt but why do this with thunder cats tho.:patrice:

Don’t Cartoon Network have other shows that are in this exact artstyle and format. Having this just seems redundant to me