"ThunderCats Roar" @Cartoon Network in 2019

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
@Atsym Sknyfs a good analogy of this would be flintstones kids and a pup named scooby doo.

My mom loved flintstones when she was a kid. Adored it. That was her show. And she liked scooby doo too. So when I was a kid we got flintstones kids and a pup named Scooby-Doo and she wasn’t thrilled with them lol but she knew it was for me not her. She let it rock.

And to your point I’m not saying kids will definitely love the shyt that’s out. I loved Johnny quest and bugs bunny more than a lot of stuff that came out when we were kids and they were older than dirt then. If your kids fukk with the stuff you grew up on then that’s dope. shyt I hope when I have kids it’s the same way. I’m just saying as an adult I won’t poo poo something when I know it’s not for me to poo poo and it’s not made for me. I’d want my kids to get the same chance to enjoy something for them the way I did and if they love it great. If not? That’s great too. I can always put them on to stuff the way my mom and dad put me on to stuff they loved as kids.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
but a pup name scooby do and flintstones kids was nice...
pup named scooby was just the adult show with kiddie character drawings but still had the adult theme...
teen titans go for example took the theme away and tried to be a 12 minutes joke fest...

thats why justice league action worked..

She didn’t like it tho. That’s what I’m saying. It was nice to us and nice to our eyes. She didn’t see it that way tho. She grew up on those shows and didn’t like the kid versions of them. Didn’t like the humor didn’t find it funny. It wasn’t her bag. So to you and me those shows are dope. To her, a woman who was in her late 20s early 30s at that time, they sucked and it wasn’t what she remembered from her childhood.

And that’s my main point with all of this. What one generation thinks is dumb as rocks may be dope to another and vice versa. I can look at the flintstones and realize it’s very adult but flintstone kids is clearly aimed at kids. That threw her off

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
She didn’t like it tho. That’s what I’m saying. It was nice to us and nice to our eyes. She didn’t see it that way tho. She grew up on those shows and didn’t like the kid versions of them. Didn’t like the humor didn’t find it funny. It wasn’t her bag. So to you and me those shows are dope. To her, a woman who was in her late 20s early 30s at that time, they sucked and it wasn’t what she remembered from her childhood.

And that’s my main point with all of this. What one generation thinks is dumb as rocks may be dope to another and vice versa

i know what you saying... i'm just trying to get my angry black man my day was better rant on now...

morris

Superstar
Daps
giphy.gif

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
BUT THEY'RE DUMBING DOWN THE KIDS MAN... :damn:
I can’t imagine the kids liking this shyt like how we liked the original. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Nah it was for kids man. Do the research. It was to sell toys. That’s it. Everything pushed to us then was for us to beg our parents to buy something. Programming was different then so even if something premiered on a Sunday or Saturday night it didn’t change the target demo. shyt Friday used to be the best night of the week to program tv in the 60s and 70s. Things change.

And yeah I watch some stuff too. I still watch some cartoons but I’m more lenient on them because I realize I’m not the target demo anymore. So as much as I’d like the new Spider-Man cartoon to be better I know it’s not for me. And if I really want dope Spider-Man I’ve got ways to watch it. So I can complain about the new shyt that I don’t like or spend my time watching the older shyt I love :manny:

Same way I feel about ninja turtles. I’ve had two versions of turtles meant for me. Then I had a third that I loved even though I was way outside the target demo. The new shyt coming out doesn’t look like it’s for me at all but I’m cool with that. Keep it going for the next gen who didn’t even watch the three iterations I watched. Give them some shyt to love as much as I loved turtles 30 years ago. And if they don’t love it, a new version will be along for them to love.

For the most part you are right. However the original ThunderCats targeted the 9-15 year olds while this new shyt is targeted to 3-7 years olds. I think that’s why people are upset.

Like my boy hated on the voltron Netflix show because he was mad at the changes but I told him this is a different version of voltron and he shouldn’t expect it to mirror the OG version. Also with all the changes it is still a good version of voltron and it’s still not targeted at 30 years olds.

This show (voltron) is targeted at male kids from like 11-17. So while you are correct it still doesn’t make this version of ThunderCats not look like trash even for a kid show. And flintstones kids was trash.