Time for Sessions to Go: Jeff Sessions is ready to unveil the end of cannabis legalization

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@the cac mamba US Attorney for MA, Andrew Lelling, just put out a press brief saying he’s going after cannabis....
In a statement Thursdayafternoon, the U.S. attorney pledged his office will prosecute federal marijuana crimes but suggested a preference to go after bulk traffickers and criminal gangs rather than organizations acting within state regulatory frameworks.

“This office will pursue federal marijuana crimes as part of its overall approach to reducing violent crime, stemming the tide of the drug crisis, and dismantling criminal gangs, and in particular the threat posed by bulk trafficking of marijuana, which has had a devastating impact on local communities,” Lelling said in a statement. “As with all of our decisions, we will continue to use our prosecutorial discretion and work with our law enforcement partners to determine resource availability, weigh the seriousness of the crime and determine the impact on the community.”

:childplease: what are you, fukkin kidding me? they arent doing this exact same thing in colorado, going after dudes who are selling weight on the black market and skirting taxes? why is this statement remotely surprising?

this doesnt say anything about letting people go to the store and buy a quarter. this says you cant show up in lawrence and let 20 p's go. like it's always been :dead:

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@the cac mamba US Attorney for MA, Andrew Lelling, just put out a press brief saying he’s going after cannabis....
and this from charlie

Gov. Charlie Baker's office called Sessions' rescission of the Cole Memorandum "the wrong decision" and said the Republicans will continue to support the CCC's work.

"The Baker-Polito Administration fully supports the will of the voters and the CCC's mission," a spokesman said in a statement. "The administration believes this is the wrong decision and will review any potential impacts from any policy changes by the local U.S. Attorney's Office."

State Attorney General Maura Healey, a Democrat, also blasted the decision, saying in a statement that the announcement "inexplicably directs federal law enforcement resources away from combatting an opioid epidemic that is ravaging our communities in order to focus on legalized marijuana."

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
In a statement Thursdayafternoon, the U.S. attorney pledged his office will prosecute federal marijuana crimes but suggested a preference to go after bulk traffickers and criminal gangs rather than organizations acting within state regulatory frameworks.

“This office will pursue federal marijuana crimes as part of its overall approach to reducing violent crime, stemming the tide of the drug crisis, and dismantling criminal gangs, and in particular the threat posed by bulk trafficking of marijuana, which has had a devastating impact on local communities,” Lelling said in a statement. “As with all of our decisions, we will continue to use our prosecutorial discretion and work with our law enforcement partners to determine resource availability, weigh the seriousness of the crime and determine the impact on the community.”

:childplease: what are you, fukkin kidding me? they arent doing this exact same thing in colorado, going after dudes who are selling weight on the black market and skirting taxes? why is this statement remotely surprising?

this doesnt say anything about letting people go to the store and buy a quarter. this says you cant show up in lawrence and let 20 p's go. like it's always been :dead:
They just shut down a whole chain here in the city but one, for selling too much weed.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
This is why I'm not going anywhere near weed even in a "legalized" state. I need this state/federal beef to get settled before I touch the shyt.

Not trying to get caught up in a federal raid or some shyt with this new administration.

Yeah, I'm scared.

Just told my sister the same thing.

She has insomnia ...:comeon: ... and wants a MM card in PA.

I told her don't even think about it till after this administration.

This fed vs state pissng match is gonna get some black folks all the way fukd up.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
More great Trump news :blessed: such a unpopular decision will force the issue to be handled now or when the Democrats regain power:blessed:

I tried to tell brehs . Let the man work :hubie:

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Honestly, even if you were caught in a raid, which is incredibly unlikely, the customers are NEVER The target.

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
Honestly, even if you were caught in a raid, which is incredibly unlikely, the customers are NEVER The target.

Agreed. Feds want big fish only. 100k/month or higher. Actually had some friends get popped by the Feds in RI last month. Only went after the millionaire that was involved. Rest of the crew didn’t get charged.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
So... are pot smokers gonna do anything about this? Do they vote? Will the dispensary owners throw some money around?

The system is Colorado is dope. Copping carefully measured and regulated edibles was a :blessed: experience.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
So... are pot smokers gonna do anything about this? Do they vote? Will the dispensary owners throw some money around?

The system is Colorado is dope. Copping carefully measured and regulated edibles was a :blessed: experience.
Well the pot smokers in the legal states all voted to legalize it. So yeah they vote.

Here in Denver they are very organized and the shops, most of them are very nice and well maintained. It sucks tho because they get so packed sometimes, gotta go when they first open but now they open past 9pm and open at 8am. They used to all close by 7.

But yeah some shops get popped and some grow places are shut down. Runs smooth for the most part. Couple shops been robbed and dudes killed tho. It will happen.