TIME: The Kalief Browder Story (6-Part Documentary Series Thread)

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
Wow.... This ending hit me pretty hard... Had to call my moms at 1am after watching this just to tell her I loved her....:mjcry:

and if you ain't know....nothing scares a mother more than getting a call in the middle of the night...
so why you call her :patrice:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Damn man I broke down, that part at BCC got to me. My man getting A's at school right out of Rikers. As someone who went to BMCC after fukking up in high school and understanding how CUNY schools can be such a positive tool if used right, to see that man...damn. I went to BMCC and ended up going and graduating from law school man, kid was beating the odds man...and they killed that KID man. I spent 3 years always in the back of my mind " I wish my brothers were here, my south BX dudes had so much potential man" for him to be from my hood and this happen to him...this shyt hurts like hell man.

as a fellow BX dude its odd watching this shyt and seeing so many familiar places like the court house and the bailbonds spots. This whole show leaves you feeling helpless for this dude because even in the city you can get swallowed up in the cracks. Not having money and connects in NY is damn near a death sentence for most people because if Kalief had a different "connected" last name this shyt wouldve never got past the police station that night. Bugged out that an illegal immigrant can finger a breh for a "crime" and then flee the country while the person he accused just rots in jail without a conviction and then has to literally scrap just to survive because of crooked guards and inmates who run the joint.

its wack seeing the people interviewed in this talking that "we cant let this happen again" shyt because its ALWAYS a brotha who is the sacrificial lamb for shyt to magically changed. Kalief wasnt some bugged out insane cat. Just look at how he treated his homegirl and made her feel good about herself just because he knew she didnt fit some standard of beauty.

so many of our young boys/men get looked at like some emotionless beings with no feelings that there's literally no one there looking out for them. so much shyt he dealt with behind bars was at the hands of older black men who couldve easily helped him, like those 2 guards who just stood there outside of his cell in solitary and watched him hang from that sheet before they stepped up.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I stopped watching this series after episode 3. Couldn't take the fukkery. And knowing what would happen by the end. I couldn't

Ria_21

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yorkshire
Wow just finished watching It. I really don't know where to begin.. I'm so heartbroken my tears won't stop flowing I'm overwhelmed by it all. He was so strong to go against the system and fight all the way through. I'm so very proud of him and what he achieved in the short time he was alive. The co's and all the people who caused him harm I hope they suffer from the worst nightmares I hope they suffer from the biggest guilt and regret I hope they suffer like hell in this earth and the next.. His "dad" is a fukking a$$hole who deserves all the misery this world has to offer. I hope he never gets a dime.

His poor mother :( bless her... I bawled my eyes out at the end when they showed the little montage of her, I just knew what was gonna come up on my screen. I wish I hadn't watched this in one go because now I'm heated asf and feel like it's hit me so hard I can't even think anymore this was so depressing...

I hope his family find some inner peace and healing.

Last edited:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Finished this on Netflix, shyt was sad as fukk.
Placing him in solitary confinement for that long was beyond inhumanly, and that was a key reason why Kalief lost his sanity.
The COs involved in Kaliefs beat down need to be shot, punching and kicking a kid that couldn't even fight back if he wanted too and exploiting that because they're just pussies with a badge. That was some rage inducing shyt and I couldn't control myself honestly.
And those two dumb scared Mexicans that put Kalief in that situation and didn't even bother to try to set the record straight....:snoop: