TIME: The Kalief Browder Story (6-Part Documentary Series Thread)

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
While we are all pissed at the the boy who accused Kalief & ran off to Mexico & even when he was found his story STILL didnt add up, the several trifling abusive C.O.s, the NYCPD, Rudolph Giuliani, Michael Bloomberg, Bill de Blasio and most of all each and every single judge who continued to put his case off. Each and every one responsible for being to lazy to see that he wasn't a harmful prisoner, that he was in for a petty crime, that he was only a teenager. So I fukk any and everyone who is partially responsible for Kalief and anyone like him.

Last edited:

ShadowBroker

Born of the Night
Daps
Reppin
KIC8462852
Finished watching it on Netflix over the weekend and him and his mother are still at the front of my mind. I remember reading his story after his suicide and feeling disturbed. He never saw justice or vindication. I had no idea his mother passed away.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
some of this is pissing me off, like him going on the Rosie O'Donald show and Jay Z taking a pic with him. I mean did you really help him tho, yall should have got him mental help or put him in a environment where he could heal mentally. I feel like they were just trying to capitalized off his tragic

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Had to cut this off once I saw the air condition in his room

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Just finished man if I was Jay Z I would have did more to help him. I would have gotten out the bronx, take him to see the world, get his mind right. Give him a vacation just to relaxed and enjoy himself, got his PROFESSIONAL help for his mental illness. Instead of just taking a picture and making a documentary for profit after the tragedy. I know the documentary does shed light on some things, but at what cost? He still lost his life. He needed professional help, and all these people exploited his story could have done more to help him in my opinion.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Just finished this. Story was way more fukked up than I thought. I know money doesn’t erase mental illness and the trauma one has went through..but I wish the celebs that reached out would have given him a job and got him out of nyc.

Edit: also his “Dad” :pacspit:

Last edited: