Tip has turned into a complete & total joke with his fake Activist gimmick to revive his career

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Why couldn't you just say he needs to be more responsible with his statements?I would agree with that.
You were cool with him fake selling drugs long after he had been a succesful rapper though:martin:
T.I has always had substance in his music,he's only building on it as he is older.
Much better than him trying to fit in with the likes of Young Thug and Lil' whoever coming out of Atlanta every other month.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Eh in fairness TI has always had something of an activist angle in his music for the better part of a decade and he has always been anti police though of course the reasons have changed. You just don't listen to his music like that because that's been the direction he's been heading in since Paper Trail.

Last edited:
Daps
he on the mayor's transistion team....which don't mean shyt....just a political way of saying "thanks for endorsing me" :yeshrug:

welp i guess he won't be doing shyt with all the other fortune 500 ceos that are on the same team lol. a hustler like tip should be able to turn that "dont mean shyt" into gold. even if he dont, it's a MUCH BETTER position to be in compared to his mere "rapper T.I." days

King Karim

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the last installation we showed u how Tip was cappin' for a racist white girl b/c he didn't do all his research.

Now today let's talk about how Tip handled Lil Wayne vs how he handled Kanye West

Last year ......Lil Wayne made some controversial statements about how racism doesn't exist.....and Tip went on a rampage against Lil Wayne online via Instagram by writing a long caption basically scolding Lil Wayne for HIS thoughts and perspective.

Here is the underlying issues with him coming at Wayne....They were supposedly good/great friends that both Wayne and Tip have stated multiple times.....Tip's Babymomma is friends with Wayne BM, they even had a TV show together at one time........Tip's daughter and Wayne's daughter are extremely close......so why would your "friend" in the industry not just pick up the phone and TALK to you instead of going to social media first instead....Now if Tip had reached out to Wayne about it, and Wayne gave him the cold shoulder, i could more understand it...but by Tip's own admission he never tried to call or reach out to Wayne (they have each others numbers, or they did back then). Tip's stance was "he made his comments in public, so I felt the need to respond in public"

Now Kanye's statements and perspectives are even more extreme/radical/controversial than Wayne's statements were.......Ye essentially was saying that "slavery was a choice" and black people choose to be enslaved, etc etc --- not only that he has been wearing and flaunting his MAGA hat.

So what does Tip do?! --- he flew to Kanye to have a sitdown and talk with him, and to top it off --- He even did a song with Ye, which basically is fuel to what Kanye was saying about racism....He basically gave Ye even more of a platform and free advertising.

My thing is why didn't this fake Activist Tip have the same energy with Kanye as he had with Wayne?

Probably b/c he knew Kanye is on a different level in regards to social -status and Kanye would clap back at Tip just like he did Snoop....Ye ain't never been the gangsta type, but he is outspoken so he would have returned fire at the Fake Activist by the name of T.I.P

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
mhmm. unless Op was merely talking about selling records which I dont think he was given that Op has nothing to do with music. overall though, grand hustle as a business is probably doing better than ever, he has other businesses, he does lots of film and tv, was appointed a political position by the new mayor of atlanta, etc. you know, some of the things that rappers strive to achieve instead of just making albums. let them tell it, making music alone doesn't make much money these days anyway

this is a hip-hop board. we talk music.

not a chatty-patty forum.