Tips for building a home?

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
You don’t need to be building a house if the first resource you are turning to is the coli.com.:francis:.
Reddit and Houzz.com have good forums on folks building houses...

but seriously, since you have land, you’ll have to research build-to-print builders in your area first. Find out their reps by googling them and and understand that the more expensive, often the better they are.
You need to find house plans that you like and will fit within you plot. You’ll then have to buy the plans... not cheap. This don’t even scratch the surface for permitting, utilities, etc which the builder will usually handle. You’ll have to have all of your loan/cash lined up as this type of build usually requires payments at certain stages of the build (builder loan). It’s critical to find a reputable builder that won’t stiff you mid build...the legal ramifications/pursuits could kill you if a builder skips out without finishing.
The easiest route is to build with a national builder on their land...usually you just get a loan and they build a turn-key product where you just move in.
check this out to get an idea of wheee to start:
Home Building: How to Build a House on Your Own Lot - NewHomeSource

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I got 11 acres, but the land has to be cleared.. not all 11 acres just enough for a crib & road. What do I need to know? I need help :mjcry:

My tip is to find you a beautiful strong QUEEN to have your back.:wow:

Cuz everyone knows you can’t build a home without a woman holding you down:ahh:

Coli ladies ain’t I right?:noah:

I just wanna be y’all friends and support all you beautiful strong woman of the Coli:lawd:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
I got 11 acres, but the land has to be cleared.. not all 11 acres just enough for a crib & road. What do I need to know? I need help :mjcry:

You seem to have inherited this unexpectedly.

Get with the city to get your plat lines and figure out your mill rate and tax info.

Zoning will help you figure out what and how to build. You will need to figure out where your tie in for utilities are.

I suggest getting with a realtor and consult.

Most builders will have a turn key approach to new construction...start there also.