To the "Black people need to own property and practice group economics" people: How about Detroit?

Daps
The city of Detroit is auctioning houses at this website: http://buildingdetroit.org/

The houses start at $1000. They have to be brought up to code in 180 days, and if you are not a Michigan resident, you have to live in the property after fixing it.

Detroit is 83% black, so this is the perfect opportunity to own property and live in a majority black city where practicing "group economics" is easier. Imagine a city full of Coli dudes making six figures working in IT with certs out the ass. :wow:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
The city of Detroit is auctioning houses at this website: http://buildingdetroit.org/

The houses start at $1000. They have to be brought up to code in 180 days, and if you are not a Michigan resident, you have to live in the property after fixing it.

Detroit is 83% black, so this is the perfect opportunity to own property and live in a majority black city where practicing "group economics" is easier. Imagine a city full of Coli dudes making six figures working in IT with certs out the ass. :wow:

That would be pretty crazy. If any modern deserves this it would be Detroit. The major obstacle I see would be employment there.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
That would be pretty crazy. If any modern deserves this it would be Detroit. The major obstacle I see would be employment there.
business is picking up downtown. and the minimum wage is rising :manny:

there was a convention/fair for a bunch of tech start ups looking for investors a couple weeks back. :ld:

Daps
Hell they better hurry up before the CACs roll through buying shyt. Theres no reason why residents shouldnt have 3-4 houses at that price.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If you get a house for cheap, the costs to fix it up will probably be less than the house will be worth once the neighborhoods start improving. Black people can get in on the ground floor of this before white people gentrify the city. A lot of Detroit residents are poor though, so they can't just buy property like that.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm down...my only issue would bee actually getting there and inspecting the property...if it was a group I'd Damn sure.buy in.

Daps
I'm down...my only issue would bee actually getting there and inspecting the property...if it was a group I'd Damn sure.buy in.

Yeah, you have to be there to inspect the property and make sure you can fix it in time. The rules are set up so people will have to move to Detroit and live there instead of just buying cheap property to sit on it.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If you get a house for cheap, the costs to fix it up will probably be less than the house will be worth once the neighborhoods start improving. Black people can get in on the ground floor of this before white people gentrify the city. A lot of Detroit residents are poor though, so they can't just buy property like that.

Well the drug dealers and pimps need to smarten up...This could be a big move for people in that position to get some of that "corporate" money. Nikkas need to start thinking ahead man

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, you have to be there to inspect the property and make sure you can fix it in time. The rules are set up so people will have to move to Detroit and live there instead of just buying cheap property to sit on it.

Yeah I can't even do it I'm going to be doing to much training over the next 8 months.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
The catch is that you have to live there after you fix it. If you don't live in the state.

As desolate as Detroits economy is, the only people in a position to buy are in a small percentile.

It's got to be some brothers/sisters with a few grand laying around though.