Troy Ave sh!ts on Kendrick and Kanye (And pretty much the whole "hipster" NY rap movement)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
LOL this is gonna backfire on him more than he expects.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Yall need to stop with this shyt. I just listened to the entire interview, he doesn't diss Kendrick or anyone else. He's just saying they're in a different, alternative lane whereas he's making street music. This nikka labeled Mos Def as "weirdo music" too, we gonna pretend like he dissed Mos?

His argument reminds me of what people used to say about De La Soul. Lots of dudes weren't fukking with De La back in the day, called them hippies n shyt. And right now there's a lot of that type of alternative hip hop. My only disagreement is that I don't think Kendrick is alternative. I doubt Troy listened to all of GKMC because that shyt is a street oriented album.

Enchanted

Point God
Daps
Reppin
NYC
H97: "Is Kanye a weirdo?"
Troy: "Yeah Kanye's a weirdo. There's a lot of weirdo rappers out here."

Troy: "The majority of these rappers a WEIRDOS!"
H97: "Flatbush Zombies?
Troy: "Weirdos. 100%"

:deadrose:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Kanye is a weirdo though :manny:

And hip hop was in a much better space before the hipsters and alternative rappers took over. Street rap has always been>>>>>>

Heh I agree. But still. To straight up go on radio and start outright calling rappers wierdos left and right :laff:

nikkas wild reckless in 2013 :pachaha:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
He believes that you gotta do dirt or know people doing first-hand dirt to rap. LOL @ calling himself the Malcolm X of rap when he defends the drug dealer. His early 00s mentality is the shyt that the 80s rappers spoke out against.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Heh I agree. But still. To straight up go on radio and start outright calling rappers wierdos left and right :laff:

nikkas wild reckless in 2013 :pachaha:

Im not a fan of T.A. but hip hop needs more nikkas like him. Stop bein PC and tell it like is, nobody in the hood listens to the shyt that is hyped up on the net, that shyt is lame or cornballish 90% of the time.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Kanye is a weirdo though :manny:

And hip hop was in a much better space before the hipsters and alternative rappers took over. Street rap has always been>>>>>>

Nah, I liked it when ATCQ and De La Soul made classic albums which talked about everything.

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just look at rosenberg and ciphas face when he goes into his definition of a weirdo :lolbron: