Troy Ave sh!ts on Kendrick and Kanye (And pretty much the whole "hipster" NY rap movement)

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
YMCMB/MMG era is over next year you're gonna see alot of fall offs and a new superstar clique emerge.

That been happening from last year. Even the Wayne stans are not here anymore. Problem is, for Troy Ave, his style will never be popular again.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
YMCMB/MMG era is over next year you're gonna see alot of fall offs and a new superstar clique emerge.

YMCMB yea.

MMG no.

I also think if Schoolboy n Ab-soul dont step up, TDE is gonna get regulated to internet underdawg darlings, rather than industry powerhouse.

N if anything, maybe Drake n The Weeknd have something up their sleeves. Im pretty sure Toronto is gonna run 2014 rap n R&B.

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
This kid swears he was born in the 80's.
He's like that kid from the hood that moves to the burbs and will not drop that hood mentality even though his life is aight now.

That hood shyt is straight up dying. What him, and people like him fail to realize is that in the real world the hood doesnt matter, AT ALL.
Also, the hood in NYC is not the same hood in the 90s...There was an actual 7 day period in NYC w/o a murder this year!!!

Stop trying to relive the bad days, and get with it. Nobody cares about the bodies you had. The artist he said was the hottest street cat is a fukkin ex C.O., and he has the nerve to call Kendrick and Kanye "weirdos'.

And I dont even fukk w/ Kendrick and all of them.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
He's like that kid from the hood that moves to the burbs and will not drop that hood mentality even though his life is aight now.

That hood shyt is straight up dying. What him, and people like him fail to realize is that in the real world the hood doesnt matter, AT ALL.
Also, the hood in NYC is not the same hood in the 90s...There was an actual 7 day period in NYC w/o a murder this year!!!

Stop trying to relive the bad days, and get with it. Nobody cares about the bodies you had. The artist he said was the hottest street cat is a fukkin ex C.O., and he has the nerve to call Kendrick and Kanye "weirdos'.

Close thread. That kind of music can never get recreated properly again. shyt is changing and even people are changing. The so called weirdo is actually the norm now, so he needs to adapt to it and change for the better.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If I had twitter I would send this shyt to him. The interview wasn't bad but he kept going back and forth without even knowing. A lot of contradictions with what he said (and a lot of shyt that didn't make sense).

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

Pretty much.

Although I must say as a hip hop fan, I'm disappointed that the only street shyt coming out of Chicago's violence soaked streets is fukking braindead drill music. It seems like the perfect environment to re-create that street shyt that's missing from the game for the most part. I'm not glorifying violence of course, just saying that some of the best hip hop was created due to 90s NY violence/mentality.

You'd think there would be some noteworthy street rappers coming up, who can rap. I love Chance The Rapper but he's not what I'm talking about. Like a Chicago version of 90s Prodigy...that's what I want

I'mHigh

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
7 min in "I never started anything with anyone that was unwarranted. I've never started any problems with anybody."

5 min later.... "Kendrick is a weirdo. He's not really from the streets." :upsetfavre:

Troy Ave strikes me as one of those cats that goes out of his way to sound smart but at the end of the day really doesn't say shyt.