Trump vs Iran: 7/25 - Threatens Iran on Twitter after Rouhani cautions US of hostile policies

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

The fall-out from Trump’s late-night Tweet of Mass Destruction (TMD) has been a howler.

That’s one for the Art of Diplomacy annals. Especially coupled with fanatic hawk Pompeo describing the Iranian leadership as a mafia.

Soooo, The House of One Saudi then is a Christian charity. And the Exceptionalists themselves are a pious Jesuit college.

Not to mention that Pompeo touting the interests of “the long-ignored voice of the Iranian people” is worthy of a lousy Sopranos rip-off.

Let’s go back to the basics here. The Trump administration has issued what amounts to a DECLARATION OF ECONOMIC WAR on Iran and will go no holds barred to squeeze the Islamic Republic out of the global oil market –
complete with threatening Europe with secondary sanctions unless they cut ALL imports of Iranian oil by November 4.

Talk about Mafia.

And the whole soap opera gets even more pathetic when Beltway “experts” pose as extras. One of them is saying there are only two outcomes: Iran capitulates or the “regime” implodes.

Any clown saying Tehran will capitulate knows ZERO about how things work in Tehran. My best sources tell of a mood not only of defiance but scorn about any verbal missile issued from Washington.

And any clown stating there will be regime change in Tehran is basically parroting the official, explicit, wishful thinking US “policy”.

The neocon foreign policy establishment that brought us the Iraq war should have been buried six miles under – but like The Walking Dead they persist.

Surely at the moment there’s one character who’s singin’ and dancin’ in Tel Aviv like everything is going according to plan.

But the geopolitical game here is way more complex. The Exceptionalistan priority is disruption of the New Silk Roads between China and Europe. And the key economic connectivity corridor goes through Iran.

It’s all in synch – and totally Kissingerian Divide and Rule, as explained by the serial war criminal to Trump.

The fundamental “enemy” is China. But to “work” on it, first there’s got to be an attempt to lure Russia into some sort of entente cordiale. And destabilization is a must in what the Cheney regime used to describe as “the great prize”.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Don't let Trump's ruse fool you. He's trying to distract or maybe he is running a long con like he did with North Korea.

Talk shyt about Iran. Russia tells both Iran and Trump to meet. They stage a photo op and sign a flimsy back of the napkin "agreement". Trump declares victory and claims to be the prince of peace.
I doubt Putin would stop Trump from starting a war with Iran. War with Iran benefits Russia. Oil supplies from the Mideast would be disrupted for YEARS. Plus the price of oil would skyrocket. That would be a major economic shot in the arm for Russia. Second there is a very good possibility that war with Iran would be a major defeat for the US. The terrain,Iran’s assymetrical capabilities, plus the wear and tear on the overstretched US military could lead to a perfect storm of America losing to Iran or win a pyrrhic victory which weakens America significantly militarily,economically,politically. That would be a major boon for Putin. Plus Trump main strategy has always been regime change with Iran. Bolton wants war with Iran. Pompeo wants war with Iran. Senator Tom Cotton who is close to Trump wants war with Iran. Trump is close to Nethanyahu and MBS which also want war with Iran. In the end it’s totally different from North Korea.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I doubt Putin would stop Trump from starting a war with Iran. War with Iran benefits Russia. Oil supplies from the Mideast would be disrupted for YEARS. Plus the price of oil would skyrocket. That would be a major economic shot in the arm for Russia. Second there is a very good possibility that war with Iran would be a major defeat for the US. The terrain,Iran’s assymetrical capabilities, plus the wear and tear on the overstretched US military could lead to a perfect storm of America losing to Iran or win a pyrrhic victory which weakens America significantly militarily,economically,politically. That would be a major boon for Putin. Plus Trump main strategy has always been regime change with Iran. Bolton wants war with Iran. Pompeo wants war with Iran. Senator Tom Cotton who is close to Trump wants war with Iran. Trump is close to Nethanyahu and MBS which also want war with Iran. In the end it’s totally different from North Korea.

Are we sure that Nethanyahu actually wants war with Iran? Could someone explain to me why? I can imagine it with a lot of those other figures you named, but the consequences for Nethanyahu would be a hell of a lot more personal. Is it possible that he just wants to appear to be belligerent against Iran for political purposes but doesn't want war to actually happen?

You may be completely right, I just need someone to explain to me why he would want something that looks like potential idiocy.

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Are we sure that Nethanyahu actually wants war with Iran? Could someone explain to me why? I can imagine it with a lot of those other figures you named, but the consequences for Nethanyahu would be a hell of a lot more personal. Is it possible that he just wants to appear to be belligerent against Iran for political purposes but doesn't want war to actually happen?

You may be completely right, I just need someone to explain to me why he would want something that looks like potential idiocy.
Nethanyahu has been against the Iranian government for decades. A war would suit him well since in his view it would weaken Iran from being a threat to Israel. He however wants the US to wage war against Iran so all Israel will have to worry about is Hezbollah which would give him an excuse to go all out in another Lebanese war. Remember Nethanyahu was very close to launch air strikes against Iran in 2012. Ehud Barak and top IDF brass dissuaded from doing it. So he wants all the smoke and the fire.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nethanyahu has been against the Iranian government for decades. A war would suit him well since in his view it would weaken Iran from being a threat to Israel. He however wants the US to wage war against Iran so all Israel will have to worry about is Hezbollah which would give him an excuse to go all out in another Lebanese war. Remember Nethanyahu was very close to launch air strikes against Iran in 2012. Ehud Barak and top IDF brass dissuaded from doing it. So he wants all the smoke and the fire.

Yup

ZoeGod

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Don't forget, you attack Iran and you lose Iraq/Afghanistan... both countries have relied on Iran for Security purposes with the Iranians training so many militias.
I have no doubt Iran’s plans for US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan is hit their bases with multiple ballistic missiles and have their proxies swarm those bases to overrun them. Iran probably will fire a handful of ballistic missiles at the US embassy in Iraq. Iran will spread as much chaos as possible to overstretch US military capabilities. Few ballistic missiles hit Gulf states electrical grids and desalination plants to set these nations back and create chaos. Hezbollah starting a war with Israel. Hamas starting a war with Israel too. Iraq collapsing into chaos. The Houthis embolden by Saudi Arabia collapsing move to seize more territory in southern Saudi Arabia. I can go on. Rouhani is right this would be the mother of all wars. This is why Mattis is so nervous about a war with Iran. It does not benefit the US at all. The potential for a devastating loss is very high.
Everytime this russian investigations get's closer to him he always has to do some bullshyt distraction. Mueller hurry up and this crazy b*stard outta office already.
Pence is just as committed as Trump for regime change in Iran. So even if the Orange b*stard is impeached war could still happen. Plus Pence is a religious fanatic. He will see this as a way to accelerate the second coming of Jesus.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no doubt Iran’s plans for US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan is hit their bases with multiple ballistic missiles and have their proxies swarm those bases to overrun them. Iran probably will fire a handful of ballistic missiles at the US embassy in Iraq. Iran will spread as much chaos as possible to overstretch US military capabilities. Few ballistic missiles hit Gulf states electrical grids and desalination plants to set these nations back and create chaos. Hezbollah starting a war with Israel. Hamas starting a war with Israel too. Iraq collapsing into chaos. The Houthis embolden by Saudi Arabia collapsing move to seize more territory in southern Saudi Arabia. I can go on. Rouhani is right this would be the mother of all wars. This is why Mattis is so nervous about a war with Iran. It does not benefit the US at all. The potential for a devastating loss is very high.

Pence is just as committed as Trump for regime change in Iran. So even if the Orange b*stard is impeached war could still happen. Plus Pence is a religious fanatic. He will see this as a way to accelerate the second coming of Jesus.

Pence is involved with this Russian shyt too his ass will be out too maybe even before trump.

King Ming

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Azania
Putin been playing his cards right...

Got his russian agent Trump elected

Got Trump to isolate the US from its allies and start beefs

Trump about to go to war with either Iran or NK

once the war pops off Putin will be watching US take that L:hhh: