Trump's messing with #Eurogang, Screw German engineering 35% import tax! :huldup:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Trump threatens German carmakers with 35 percent U.S. import tariff

4670911007686656.png

U.S President-elect Donald Trump warned German car companies he would impose a border tax of 35 percent on vehicles imported to the U.S. market, a plan that drew sharp rebukes from Berlin and hit the automakers' shares.

In an interview with German newspaper Bild, published on Monday, Trump criticized German carmakers such as BMW (BMWG.DE), Daimler (DAIGn.DE) and Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) for failing to produce more cars on U.S. soil.

"If you want to build cars in the world, then I wish you all the best. You can build cars for the United States, but for every car that comes to the USA, you will pay 35 percent tax," Trump said in remarks translated into German.

"I would tell BMW that if you are building a factory in Mexico and plan to sell cars to the USA, without a 35 percent tax, then you can forget that," Trump said.

Volkswagen (VW) shares closed down 2.2 percent, while BMW and Daimler's shares ended 1.5 percent lower.

Under pressure to deliver on campaign promises to revive U.S. industrial jobs, Trump has turned his fire on carmakers that use low-cost Mexican plants to serve the U.S. market. He has also warned Japan's Toyota (7203.T) it could be subject to a "big border tax" if it builds its Corolla cars for the U.S. market at a planned factory in Mexico.

35% Import Tax!!!! :why::mindblown: that's insane....

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro stop in my Micro today class they asked me this question about how to help American car manufactures. I said they have to pay a increased import tax. To think me and Trump with all his schooling could come up with the same lazy shyt plan.

I love this cat already:ohhh::lolbron::mjlol::francis:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Bro stop in my Micro today class they asked me this question about how to help American car manufactures. I said they have to pay a increased import tax. To think me and Trump with all his schooling could come up with the same lazy shyt plan.

I love this cat already:ohhh::lolbron::mjlol::francis:

OR the Americans can create a quality car that compares greatly to BMW. I mean the cost isn't the problem since people pay more to own a BMW

Last edited:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
OR the Americans can create a quality car that compares greatly to BMW. I mean the cost isn't the problem since people pay more to own a BMW

A large reason people buy foreign luxury cars isn't because they are better, it's because they are seen as a status symbol. At one point a Mercedes or Audi were two of the worst cars you could buy performance and reliability wise yet people still bought them because driving them made them feel superior to people driving a Chevy.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
That Kia Stingray produced in Tennesse (just guessing) looking like a steal.

This is the thing, automobiles are "produced everywhere", where tjis piece is made in Indonesia, this piece in Mexico, etc
..so is it the final product he means?