TSC Evaluation #22: Sabu

Overall Rating

• Total voters
Daps
sabu_table_fail_360.gif

Huda2daf

Superstar
Daps
5 as a wrestler 7.5 as gimmick and persona.

I nominate xpac for the next one

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Dude always entertained me. People regard him as a spot monkey but, his matches tell the story of a guy who has no regard for himself or others. He doesn't need spots to do that. He was a guy with a very unique in-ring style that reflected the character he was trying to portray perfectly, in being a wreckless kamikaze. That’s why his botches or screw ups made sense because they fit within his character and the style he wrestled, it’d make sense a madman would screw up here and there. Sometimes he was able to get his character across with just his body and his mannerisms. That’s what was always cool about Sabu, no match of his was the same. Even if he went for the same spots in every match, he could do the same spot a million different ways.

His best work was with RVD, Taz, and Sandman. Also the ONS match with Mysterio is low key great, just with a bad finish.

I give the guy a 7.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
As a kid always thought he was awesome crazy, and every match he was involved in was must see.. as an adult he's a botch machine with very little growth of character but still entertaining