Tupac Died 27 Years Ago Today

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine
Still remember that whole week in Compton at the time because my grandparents lived in the kelly park crip section. And everyday it was a shooting going on between bloods and crips….

RIP to pac ..

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I remember exactly what i did that day and the week. I went to MEPS on September 6 the week prior on a Friday . I got home and watched the Tyson vs Seldon weigh in. The whole day of the 7th I watched media and highlights along with interviews. That Tuesday I had watched TNF. Was playing NBA live 96 with a friend when our younger homeboy, who was about 17 at the time, came to my crib and told us that 2pac had just died. It was around 715-20 my time when he showed up telling us the news. We stopped the game, I grabbed a vhs tape and put it in the VCR and recorded all of the news about it for the whole weekend. I still have that tape right here hahaha

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Still remember that whole week in Compton at the time because my grandparents lived in the kelly park crip section. And everyday it was a shooting going on between bloods and crips….

RIP to pac ..
It's a lot of thing that go on like this which aren't covered nationally. The week Georgia rapper Camoflage was killed, there were 4 murders that week in Savannah. I was living in Hinesville, GA and earlier that week, someone was killed. Then Camoflage was killed, then 2 more people were murdered connected to it before the week was finished. It was bloody week. That whole summer of 2003, someone was getting shot every week in Savannah. I'd hear about it on the news all the time. I just stayed the hell away from that area

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps

Is there another piece of recorded music that can compare to this song?

Also, peep the backstory

BLASPHEMY

Young Noble: I rember after he did that song, riding back to the crib listening to it he even bugged himself out on that one. He got real deep on there, and he didn't even know where it came from. It was like he didn't Really... That dude, he was just a gift from God. But I remember that shyt. He was like, "Damn, you hear what I'm Talking about?" He surprised himself with that like. "I don't know where the hell I be coming up with this shyt." It ain't like he sit around all day and think about it, the shyt just be coming out like that. God put that in certin people, and he was one of them dudes. God definitely put shyt in that man's heart. He used to always talk about that kind of stuff. He just knew he felt like he was going to be a big star and just disappear. And that's exactly how it happend. He made his mark like crazy. Dude was definitely sent from up above. I can't explane everything. there's certain shyt I don't know.

He used to talk to us about that shyt all the time. Like, we don't want to hear that shyt. You ain't going nowhere. You better not go nowhere. But he knew it, I guess.

E.D.I.: If you listen to "Blasphemy." There is a girl saying a prayer at the end of the song.

That's Kastro's sister, Jamala Lasane, who's also 'Pac's Cousin. It was a little family Thing.

She was just up in the studio, and she was like "I could just say this at the end of that shyt."

'Pac heard what she was saying and was like "Go Ahead." And she ended up on the album.

"Blasphemy" is deep song featuring Ital Joe. He passed away a few years ago[In a car accident]. It reminds me of "Hail Mary." It's one of those Deep, spiritural things. A lot of Times in pac's music, he was talking to us, 'cause we was so wild and out of control--just so caught up in the rap lifestyle. I think a lot of times he wanted to snap us back to reality. Like,

"It's real out here. It's not all fun and games." He used to say that a lot. So "Blasphemy" is one of those songs where I feel like he was talking to us on some personal shyt.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
I'm sure half of the folks here from Sohh know about my relationship with Pac..every year gets more foggier, I'm growing old and losing most of the things I've experienced decades ago! But one specific detail I cant let go is when Pac gave me a hug and kissed me on my cheek after he found out All eyes on me went number 1..few of the outlaws were present and my brother Ronnie RIP.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
R.I.P to Pac... miss you and Biggie, my Rap heroes.

In a Bizzaro world, I wish u and Biggie would have sat down and talked about things.

Hip Hop has been gimmicky ever since.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
27 years later and still one of the most talked about rappers in the game:pachaha:. I wonder what he would even be doing now if he was still alive.....

Probably acting...

Pac would have linked up with Will Smith and checked Jada.

I could see Pac having his own sitcom or something on Fox or the WB Channel.

I would have also seen Pac at the Freddie Gray and George Floyd riots. Shyt, he would have dissed those pigs for choking out Eric Gardner.

Bigsuk

Tha realest n***a
Daps

RIP to pac ..
Yeah if u read the police affidavit it says that mob piru and there allies teamed up and southside crips and there allies teamed up aswell … basically it was like 3 or 4 gangs on both sides the media just reported it as it was just mob piru vs southside crips but there were more gangs involved on both sides … pretty sure Kelly park was mentioned linkin up with southside during that time ….. it only turned out to be a lil mini gang war but I reckon had the police not got involved it would have been a full blown war with many more getting killled on both sides …. Orlando did take part in that war aswell which is crazy … but he wasn’t stupid and didn’t stay in Compton during that time …. I know ck vell from I think elm or something was head hunting Orlando and wanted his head on a stick think he was a top head busta from that hood …..