U.S. threatening the International Criminal Court (ICC) and closing PLO Office in DC

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
that's to be expected

:manny:

The US doesn't recognize the ICC.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the US gets agreement from many countries to stay immune from prosecution from the ICC. Also, the Republicans and especially the Trump Administration have shown quite a disdain for the UN as a whole. This would have happened under any Rep or Dem. If we're being honest.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
In fact, I'm pretty sure the US gets agreement from many countries to stay immune from prosecution from the ICC. Also, the Republicans and especially the Trump Administration have shown quite a disdain for the UN as a whole. This would have happened under any Rep or Dem. If we're being honest.

Probably. Yup. Yes.

I'd have to read it over again but even if the US were a signatory they could have an investigation find no wrongdoing and that would be that no ICC referral/investigation.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

from the CNN article it looks like this has been brewing for a minute

I wonder if the talks about the Jordan Palestine confederation leaking was the straw that broke the camels back

:francis:
i think it is, i know a palestinian who needed something signed by the PLO office in november and is trying to get it done asap now

damn I hope they make out alright

• Dap
Reactions: 19-

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Congress added a provision to the law in 2015 requiring the shuttering of the mission if the Palestinians seek to "influence a determination by the ICC to initiate a judicially authorized investigation, or to actively support such an investigation, that subjects Israeli nationals to an investigation for alleged crimes against Palestinians."

vote

:manny: