U.S. to let teens drive big rigs in test program to help ease supply chain shortage

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Interesting... I dunno if I'd like a teen in control of something that dangerous. Though I guess someone can probably respond with other things we trust teens with that are just as dangerous. I can't think of any myself though

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Damn after that story of the truck driver that killed those 4 people and they think letting some 18 year olds drive rigs is a good idea :francis:

I was a fool behind the wheel at 18. Thinking I ruled the road. Imagine that mentality in a big rig.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn after that story of the truck driver that killed those 4 people and they think letting some 18 year olds drive rigs is a good idea :francis:

I was a fool behind the wheel at 18. Thinking I ruled the road. Imagine that mentality in a big rig.
This is a bad comparison considering Buddy didn’t speak a lick of English which is a different topic

They adults & gotta eat too. Should they not have the option to work. Or should they go in debt collecting student loans? How about fast food work?

Article title made it seem like minors would be working

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is a bad comparison considering Buddy didn’t speak a lick of English which is a different topic

They adults & gotta eat too. Should they not have the option to work. Or should they go in debt collecting student loans? How about fast food work?

Was he able to read English? We expect these dudes to at least read road signs, I mean is getting truck licenses this easy? Wtf

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY

Comparing fast food workers to 18 year olds behind a big rig is the real bad comparison here :mjlol:who the hell said they shouldn't be able to work in general? I just don't think they should be doing long haul trips in rigs. That type of job requires much more maturity. There's a reason young male drivers have high ass insurance rates. They take more risk and crash much more often than older drivers.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Comparing fast food workers to 18 year olds behind a big rig is the real bad comparison here :mjlol:who the hell said they shouldn't be able to work in general? I just don't think they should be doing long haul trips in rigs. That type of job requires much more maturity. There's a reason young male drivers have high ass insurance rates. They take more risk and crash much more often than older drivers.
English has everything to do as he couldn’t read the signs which caused his accident . :ufdup:I already started my response before you edited btw :ufdup:

word to @BrothaZay @UpAndComing :mjgrin:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
5yEpE8.gif

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
the search for cheaper labor to avoid paying decent wages. :francis:

I get your point but this really isn't the case for Trucking. As long as you have 1 year experience, if you are making less than 55k driving a Class A vehicle, it's basically your own fault