UFC 220 [1/20] "Predator Or Prey" (Francis Ngannou/Stipe Miocic, Volkan Oezdemir/Daniel Cormier)

Who Leaves As Champ Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
:laff: at Rogan thinking stipe would have a chance against DC and actually comparing their fights. DC showed what a fight looks like when you outclass your opponent. Stipe fight was a struggle fest of lay n pray for 5 rounds. No damage :laff: just fatigue

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Trying to go over the top to finish fights that you've clearly won is how champs lose belts :yeshrug: I still feel that Herb could've stopped the fight multiple times because Francis just went completely inactive and stopped defending himself.

Boxing matches get ended on that all the time and it wouldn't have been absurd at all here either.

I'm not really gonna say that Miocic shouldn't have been tired after clamping top level athlete in the ring who also had 20+ pounds on him...
How could he stop the fight? Miocic was acting like a bytch, doing the absolute minimum.

Daps
Ngannou has the chin, reach, power, strength, and athleticism to be champ sooner rather than later if he sticks with it; at 31 years old he's still basically adolescent status when it comes to :flabbynsick: HW MMA fighters. Very hard to make it to the top of the UFC when you barely have 5 years of rudimentary experience in any kind of combat sport. He woulda had a much better shot tonight if he came in 10-15 lbs lighter and didn't swing for the fences every time he threw a strike in the 1st round.

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
Trying to go over the top to finish fights that you've clearly won is how champs lose belts :yeshrug: I still feel that Herb could've stopped the fight multiple times because Francis just went completely inactive and stopped defending himself.

Boxing matches get ended on that all the time and it wouldn't have been absurd at all here either.

I'm not really gonna say that Miocic shouldn't have been tired after clamping top level athlete in the ring who also had 20+ pounds on him...

I suppose you right. I guess its the fact that I'm more of a ground dude and seeing how there was no type of planning on both ends just annoyed the hell out of me. Minocic would have gotten his block knocked off if he kept continuing those takedowns, while Gannou could have easily avoided being gassed if he would have played the game a bit. Both fighters did shyt that could have easily ended the round for them, but somehow their clumsiness caused the match to be longer and horrible. It's weird:hhh:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
How could he stop the fight? Miocic was acting like a bytch, doing the absolute minimum.
even pillow punches are activity

look at the ground strike difference

francis was just laying there. miocic consistently had complete control and WAS throwing. you can't just do nothing out there and francis was absolutely guilty of that.

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade
Someone call Rico Verhoeven over here.

No more

Francis
Hunt
Overseen
Werdum

To milk at HW. Get some new young blood.
Rico would get wrestlefukked worse than Francis

Would probably not make it through USADA either

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Good fight. Hope this experience will be good for Francis. I hope he works on his ground game because Miocic was doing most of his damage on the ground. I called it too. He will bounce back. Humbling lesson for the breh.

Now it's time to see Cain get his shot. I haven't seen the man fight in a minute. Cain stamina and ground game is A1.